sub, box, and amp??

pitbull481

hanover park?hehehe..i live in chicago ridge..southside..roughly 5 minutes away from chicago.anywayzz...i wouldnt recomend boss amps at all man.the RF subs you got there are some of thi finest subs rockford made especially for SPL.just a suggestion..dump the boss subs and get the RF BD1000 or BD1500 having 2 of those subs wired in series then parallel to each other will give you a 2ohms loadand will  fully utilize the BD1500 being a class D amp  and all. or you can get the crossfire BMF1000D amplifiers.2 of this amplifiers(1 for each subs) and youill be breaking back windshields..lol.youll have to upgrade you alternator and wirings tho.what kind of a car is the system going into anyways?

im using the BD1000 for some years now and my speaker thumps like i have 4 10 inchers in my truck but really..i only have 1 solobaric L7  :)

i really dont want to speent ALOT. I know they are the best shit but i am broke  :D

the old system (which i am going to sale) is in my 02 eclipse

and the RF sub (my brother-in-law gave me) and new amp  is going to my 01 accord 

Oh and umm GOOOO ILLINI  :D :D :D

this is a mile shot man but if you want to..check out this store over on 67th and kedzie(thats 67th street on the southside) the placce is called JJ electronics.they sell alot of wicked stuff there with wicked prices.like the JL audios 12W6V2 subs out right now in the market for roughly(average price) 400-500 bucks and their selling that for 300 only.they have some killer deals there man.you might be able to pickup an older version of the rockford amps im talking about for mybe 200-300 range(new ones cost 600-700 bucks)

and no..its not some chop shop neither..lolthey actually have a booth during the car shows in events like the world of wheels and hot import nights yearly held in McCormic place.

hope this helps  :)

You will get a lower impediance, that would be 1 ohm.  Your 1,000 watt amp will hold down to 1/2 ohm, so you will be safe to try it out. Give it a shot, it will give you a little more power wired up that way.

-REH

i went to 2 different local shops (stereos,subs,amp, etc) 1st one i went only sales name brand stuff (phoenix gold, RF, Alpine etc.) i just left TOO expensive. 2nd shop i went had what i wanted and i actually bought a speaker box (display) made just for the RF sub i have, fits PERFECTLY. i was talking to the owner that i am going to sale my old amp and speakers with the box, so i can get a higher wattage amp. he told me if i sale them today and come back he would drop the BOSS amp i wanted for 250.00 (he is selling it for $400) he was selling :D

DESCRIPTION: Boss RIPD3 MONO Block 3300w RIPPER AMP

# Max Power, 2 OHM 2200W x 1

# RMS Power, 4 OHM 1200W x 1

# Max Power, 1 OHM 3000W x 1

# Signal -to Noise Ratio > 100dB

# THD 0.05%

# Dimensions : 11 1/2"W x 2 1/2"H x 12 7/8"D

# TRI-Mode Operation

# VU Meters (Power Level)

# Cooling Fans

# Remote Subwoofer Level Control

# Line And Speaker Level Inputs

# Mosfet Power Supply (Except RIP 30)

# Line Outputs

# Variable High & Low Pass Crossovers

# 0 - +18 DB Bass Boost

# Gain Control

# Power and Protection LEDS

# 0 -180 Variable Phase Shift Control

that amp that u just mentioned will work alot better than the one you have now...mono block amps are so much better for subs than traditional class a/b circut amps.... the description says it will put out 1500 watts rms 3000 max... boss over rates products so id say you might get 900-1000 watts rms if your lucky but that will definitly be good... do you know how many fuses are in the amp,, that power should have 2 60 amp fuses or more...you can tell how much the amp will put out by taking the accumlated number of amps  on the fuses and take that by the power your vehicle is puttin out... prolly 12.5 volts to 14.4v.... so if it has lets say 2 60amp fuse and your car puts out 13.5volts. you can expect 1620watts rms roughly at 1 ohm.... but if it ony has 2 30 amp fuses then 810 watts will be what you get.... if you get this wired up and still are not happy with the sound, more than likely you will need a beter amp... id recommend staying away from jensen, plye. sony, rockford fosgate, pioneer... amps like that, if you need i can refer some better amps that are not overly expensive.... all the ones i just listed really do not put out what they say... RF use to make good amps but nowa days id rate them with sony and others of the such, i have personally tested some of their amps, like the bd1000 againts one of my kicker kx600.1s. the RF just sucked... tested it a while back when i was running kicker L7 solobaics (lets not get started on them lol, over priced hunk of speaker lol) but anyway, for 250 you can get some really good deals online, and can gurentee better performance than the boss amp, but you may like and not have a problem with that boss amp, know a few people that used them and never had problems...

and going with 2 amps and 2 subs, is not going to be much of a difference for you, not for the cost needed in getting a bigger high output alternator, a high cold cranking battery, and upgraded power wires... that may also be a problem now, what size wire are you using,,, id recommed 4 gauge.. anything smaller and you are risking a chance that your wire will not be able run the all the necessary power through it,, be kinda like tryin to fit a bouncy ball through a straw if your wire is too small, can heat up and even fry the wire.... grounding is also crutial... make sure the are being grounded to is sanded well no paint between contacts, make as short as possible but leave extra if planning on relocating amp, if not make as short as possible, always use the same size as power cable or bigger.... good luck, just my two cents for now.

that amp that u just mentioned will work alot better than the one you have now...mono block amps are so much better for subs than traditional class a/b circut amps.... the description says it will put out 1500 watts rms 3000 max... boss over rates products so id say you might get 900-1000 watts rms if your lucky but that will definitly be good... do you know how many fuses are in the amp,, that power should have 2 60 amp fuses or more...you can tell how much the amp will put out by taking the accumlated number of amps  on the fuses and take that by the power your vehicle is puttin out... prolly 12.5 volts to 14.4v.... so if it has lets say 2 60amp fuse and your car puts out 13.5volts. you can expect 1620watts rms roughly at 1 ohm.... but if it ony has 2 30 amp fuses then 810 watts will be what you get.... if you get this wired up and still are not happy with the sound, more than likely you will need a beter amp... id recommend staying away from jensen, plye. sony, rockford fosgate, pioneer... amps like that, if you need i can refer some better amps that are not overly expensive.... all the ones i just listed really do not put out what they say... RF use to make good amps but nowa days id rate them with sony and others of the such, i have personally tested some of their amps, like the bd1000 againts one of my kicker kx600.1s. the RF just sucked... tested it a while back when i was running kicker L7 solobaics (lets not get started on them lol, over priced hunk of speaker lol) but anyway, for 250 you can get some really good deals online, and can gurentee better performance than the boss amp, but you may like and not have a problem with that boss amp, know a few people that used them and never had problems...

and going with 2 amps and 2 subs, is not going to be much of a difference for you, not for the cost needed in getting a bigger high output alternator, a high cold cranking battery, and upgraded power wires... that may also be a problem now, what size wire are you using,,, id recommed 4 gauge.. anything smaller and you are risking a chance that your wire will not be able run the all the necessary power through it,, be kinda like tryin to fit a bouncy ball through a straw if your wire is too small, can heat up and even fry the wire.... grounding is also crutial... make sure the are being grounded to is sanded well no paint between contacts, make as short as possible but leave extra if planning on relocating amp, if not make as short as possible, always use the same size as power cable or bigger.... good luck, just my two cents for now.

im using 4 gauge wire

thanx for info

i got the RF sub hooked up to my old amp still. Co-worker is going to buy my old amp and old dual box with speakers (only 8 months old). Might get the money tomorrow since its PAYDAY :D If he pays tomorrow, im going straight to shop to get amp  :D

• 3 weeks later...

i just went out and bought a "2 Channel Line Out Converter" (to connect Amp to factory radio. I know it has to be connected to lfet and right rear speaker. Question is can i still use my rear speakers to sounds or doe it have to be disconnected and just have it for the subs :?: