LCCU

mike98367

Hey everyone..

So I just got Direcway installed, seems to be working as expected so far. Question: Is the Lan Client Configuration Utility of any use, is it recommended, has anyone had experience good/bad with it? I've read thru the posts describing the TCP Optimizer tool and intend on using that, but I noticed just now that Direcway has this LCCU posted and wondered if it's of any use. FYI I'm getting about 800kbps down here in WA state. Cheers!

/mike98367

mike98367 ..welcome to the forum.....I've used the LCCU file and really didn't see any benefit from it.....except it unchecks you proxy boxes that should be checked.......it won't hurt anything....run TPC optimizer afterward and it'll reset any problems ... :haha:

:?  I used the LCCU program and it didn't seem to do much. I have an old DW one way and the server gets fantastic downloads. Usually between 1500 - 1900, but  the clients get around 600 kbps. I've tried everything to improve it with no luck yet.. 600kbps is not bad, but I'd be a lot happier  with 1600 kbps. My network works great for everything else.  :confused1: