pass this along

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

Setting up dual drives for the first time and asking as many questions the best way I knew how, I was really never able to find the information I really needed. So if you ever see a post dealing with this very question pass this along and hopefully will help others avoid my mistakes. You can not set the same operating system on both drives. Common sense would say you could. Smart computer will reconize both harddrives. They dont. They just see them As one huge drive. Delete from one drive and you delete from both drives with the same operating system. Load Xp first. Update it all that good stuff then load the older system to your 2nd harddrive. Thats the only way I got mine right. While most say always load the oldest first for 2 partions common sense would say do the same with dual drives. Just the oppisite. While someone setting up dual drives may not consider or know of the problems they may face I just hope you all just speak up and offer the above information. Computers and common sense just dont go hand in hand.