Reinventing the wheel

Recently i came across information about the "inernet2"

promising dvd's in seconds

i work for a company called network architects we assist in building the "floor plan for internet 2" and the svrs that will one day power this net.

i do not actualy help with this but one of my friend does

he showed me how the net protocls, not the programs, the blueprints of the programs

basicly there cfg's

broke down here is the single most importanat thing that came out of it is this

the internet is going to move so fast that the commit charge just to run it would be roughly the size of the entire internet right now if u could measure it sumhow

and thats just to keep the lines warm rofl

also he said the top end internet 2 isp's will make 100/1000 base internet look like a "war dialer, u remember those from the old days u could get internet signals through the sounds made from a phone spkr rofl " but in the proces of building all this new amazing speed they ran into problems, well sorta

they figured out that the data would move so fast that data that is slowed in a bottelneck situation would almost be smashed down and sucked through rofl

when they learned this they proly all went crazy and tested what would hapen when biger and biger packets were sent and they proly had fun 4 days

in the end of all the mtu mss ttl etc and the new protocls tis tic tti ttd etc there was 1 thing 1 thing that didnt change

the mss but it will soon i gauntree it

1460 was the seting

what is even more amazing is the way rwin is caculated

in the traditional fassion rwin is multiples of mss

the way thye figured rwin is this

The formula for finding your "ideal" RWIN, is to take your latency (average ping time in ms x 1.5), multiply that by your advertised (download) speed, and divide that by 8.

example of mine

100ms

x

x

6223 but well just say 6000 to prevent overload

/

----112500 <--------ahhahahhahahha

u wouldent belive the size of the numbers of the rough estimates for the internet 2

i went right to my comp when i aquired this info and ran a speed test b4, changed seting restarted then ran a test after and saw actual overal increase

i found a couple things out

1 when playing mp games pings were stable low, downloads were more continous"less up and down more up and steady" upload wasent dramaticaly boosted but 2 things did happen 1 ping related to upload was lowered 60 points

2 modem seems to handle more upload hitches alot beter than b4 "signaficate to me because i spend about 80% of the time i spend on my comp playing and hotsing mp games/tournaments"

download was instantly boosted by about 350 kbs overall as well as less overhead bandwidth was needed by the line

now literly when i click the internet explorer icon it thair in ms

when p2p searchingdownloading more seeds/peers are found

conections start extremly fast downlaoding songs is a joke

sum ppl have told me that this is not the ideal way to find ur rwin

because it does not benefit ur upload

i reashearched this right away and found that windows xp and only xp,home pro etc

will not use a rwin for upload that is determined unsutable for best performance

instead it will configure it as if theres 2 rwins and will change the rwin related to upload to a windows default "what ever ur facory seting was" until u change it again or ur prog ques it to then it will do this again indefntily so when u set ur rwin to a multiple of mss u are geting a balanced value that windows will acept

u gotaa think of it like this

have u ever tried to disable page filing on xp

even vitural memory

and tried again and again and again and every time u press ctrl alt del its still paging files

there is a way to completly disable it but have fun doing it

and the answer is like this "simply because bill gates is a motherf"--sum red neck

so when u look at it from outside the box like this u relaize ur upload tweaking is almost a waste of time"and is basicly the max ur modem will send" "one of the best ways to tweak ur upload is to buy a new strong expensive modem"-the bare truth

One cheap getto way to tweak ur modem is to cool it down with fans, the biger the better but if u can mount or duck tape mount 1 on there and power it sumhow "warning eletrical hazzard"ive gone as far as taking all my equipment with circuits and placing it inside a custom wood backed case thats 2 feet by 4 feet and 1 foot deep, everythng is boxed in by pleziglas the mullberry "soft wood" finished wood is to mount everything then theres plexiglass casing , with 6 overall fans, 2 of which are 6''

"the cooler u can get ur hjarware the harder u can work it"

i present all this information with little to no link backing it because this is all a breakthrough as is the internet2

soon u will hear about all this from many sources besides me

i highly suggest any 1 who is still looking for that perfect seting to try this and let me know what u think