Stardownloader

VanBuren

Just want to give yall a tip of a free download manager without spyware!

I tested DAP before and i got to say this is way better and like i said no spyware.

For all that dosent know how download managers works and why they are good i give you a example.

I live in Sweden, i downloaded a file from a server in New York without download manager in a speed of 400 KB/s.

After i installed it i can download in 1250 KB/s

how?

The program split the file in several pieces and make several connection to the server instead of only 1. That way you can have in my case around 300KB/s / connection and i had 4.

The only bad thing is that some download sites dosent allow several connections from same ip#. But many does!

And there is a resume option so if the download site allow it you can pause the download and resume it any time you want.

http://www.stardownloader.com/

VanBuren :)

Note: this technique only works if your pipe isn't fully used with one connection.

It's useless for me.

Agreed, but how many can use 100% or more of their advertised speed?

I guess is less then 20%

Edit: The program cant give you more bandwith even if that would be cool hehe

Agreed, but how many can use 100% or more of their advertised speed?

I guess is less then 20%

Those who don't tweak, those with lame ISPs, etc. Basically all people that don't know that testmy.net exists.

if i remember correctly the server has to have a resume function and be capable of serving mutiple connections to one computer at a time correct?

Yea thats what limit the program, but im running FTP server myself and allow unlimited nr of multiple connections and allow append.

I dont run it 24-7 but when i want to trensfer files i dont care if whole my bandwith is used thats only good, but i understand that many orher ppl has to limit ratio or multiple connections to save bandwith.

But like is said many FTP

RTB even with tweaks no one can use whole bandwidth in every download' date=' try downloading from a FTP with a ping over 200 ms :)[/quote']

I'm running at 95% of my availeble download speed, as long as the server can handle it. If it doesn't, I find a new one.

So I don't need any program that might be infected by spyware/viri.

lucky u..........

running 95% of full bandwith against all servers that can "handle it" no matter ping.....

And get a spysweeper or any other spybot that check your installed programs, maby then you wont be afraid anymore :P

lucky u..........

running 95% of full bandwidth against all servers that can "handle it" no matter ping.....

With "handle it" I mean enough availeble upload for me.

And get a spysweeper or any other spybot that check your installed programs, maby then you wont be afraid anymore :P

Why risk it? I prefer to stay clean without having to check for spyware daily.

Why risk it? I prefer to stay clean without having to check for spyware daily.

In your case you dont seem to need that program, cos you run 95% of full bandwith against all servers that has 2.5 Mbps to spare in upload bandwith no matter ping..........

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/694

For all other ppl that dosent have that super luck like you have, give it a try :)

Here is some ss i made

stardownloaderwith10multibleconnections.jpg

stardownloaderwithasingleconnection.jpg

The single connection illustrate the speed i get without stardownloader.

Note: my ping to that server is 180 ms

VanBuren :lol:

In your case you dont seem to need that program, cos you run 95% of full bandwidth against all servers that has 2.5 Mbps to spare in upload bandwidth no matter ping..........

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/694

Eh, as you know Chello is good at preserving bandwidth even for long distances (so, high ping). I'm lucky to have this indeed.

But if I don't get maximum speed, it's pointless to try and use a download accelerator when I know the congestion is at my side. That's the unlucky part, since that happens often.

You're lucky to have such a huge pipe, and unlucky because you need to use a download accelerator to get full speed.

Edit: your pics botched the page. Could you use links next time?

Eh, as you know Chello is good at preserving bandwidth even for long distances (so, high ping). I'm lucky to have this indeed.

But if I don't get maximum speed, it's pointless to try and use a download accelerator when I know the congestion is at my side. That's the unlucky part, since that happens often.

You're lucky to have such a huge pipe, and unlucky because you need to use a download accelerator to get full speed.

Edit: your pics botched the page. Could you use links next time?

Yea i will use links next time :)

Its not like im unlucky, no one can get 95% of 10 Mbps at that ping, no matter isp. Its limited by MSS, RWIN and latency.

The thing that you can get 95% of 2.5 Mbps against ex testmy.net is cos you use same MSS (1460) as 10 Mbps and same or bigger RWIN 256000 something right? I think you also have around same ping as me 150 ms to testmy.net.

We all are limited my these variables.

So yes this program helps most for ppl with large bandwith over high latency.