Ok, figured my actual speed out

ice

I went on a vacation a week ago, for three days, and came back to find my internet was the 4mb/s it was before I got upgraded. For about a week I was talking to a guy on another message board who works for RCN, and today he said he thinks he found something, so I took some more speed tests, and he did. I figured out that this is pretty much my real speed, because he gave me a link to a file that is 200MB, and located about 30 minutes away from me, so it eliminates distance as well as congestion, so I would be able to see my raw speed.

realspeed.bmp

realspeed2.JPG

I also found out that everyone around me with RCN has the same problems with the tests here, and being inaccurate. I thought it was just MY route to the site, but it really is RCN's whole route. I still get this result here. No big deal, because it's accurate for you guys, and I know my real speed anyway.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3214 Kbps about 3.2 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is:: 392 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 57 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.61 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=BN17RI4PG

Very nice speed ICE !

How is your routing to other test sites like www.dslreport.com testservers?

VanBuren :)

The other sites are better, I can hit about 5500 down at nyc.speakeas.net, and probably more, because I haven't had the time to test for awhile since I got my new speeds, and since I finally got them back today, I'll have to test more there a little later.