port 80 outgoing connection with games

raptors892004

I just installed the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center and every time I try to play a game and I exit it (enter the game and exit straight away), my firewall blocks a connection to 131.107.115.28 on port 80 (ip whois = microsoft corp).. It wasn't there before the ATI Catalyst Installation.. Any suggestions why this is happening would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Now after allowing it to access the net once, it doesnt try again.. I think I may have found the original source of the attempted connection (the windows service wmiprvse.exe).. Whenever it is not in my task manager, no connections are attempted.. Anyone know why it tries to access the internet? Should I disable it or anything if it is not vital for my system.. It wasn't started or at least it exited on startup and I think I have never seen it in the task manager before..

EDIT2: Sorry about all the follow-ups.. The .exe network service exits after a while and then no connections are attempted, but it starts up whenever I start a game or after I close it (is it vital for the video drivers or the catalyst software?).. It doesn't show the service as starting on boot time in hijackthis (maybe its vital for the system), but it never started before or has attempted to make outbound connections.. Any idea if I should disable it? Thanks in advance for any posts :)

Since the post above is too long, I'll post a new message .. Now I restored some of the ATI Catalyst Services (that start with windows) that I removed before - Ati HotKey Poller and the ATI Catalyst System tray icon.. After restoring them, there are 2 instances of wmiprvse.exe (one shown as a system service, the other one as a network one in task manager, but none of them are shown in the services window (services.msc)).. They both quit after a while, but the network one returns after denying the connection or I think its possibly when a game is started.. It also returns when opening the Catalyst Control Panel.. Is this transmitting any personal info..?

EDIT: I now uninstalled the ATI Catalyst Control Center and went with its Control Panel bundle, but the connection is still there, except that the network service isn't in task manager any more.. Is this connection part of the new video driver or something? Also, on uninstall ATI Catalyst did not remove its services, but I've stopped them (ATI Smart and HotKey Poller)..