cant play DVD's

milchama

Ok I Just got this Dell 9300 and cleaned the HDD and reinstalled the OS and now I can not play DVDs w/  Media Player or in Media center Mode.

( ARGGGGG!!!!! Dell tells me I have buy software support for them to help me I Told them they disgusted me. I cant wait till laptop build parts are as readily available ATX formfactors are.)

Any how I get this message when I try to play a DVD

alright just off the hook with Dell again and I have got a PowerDVD disk coming soon

My guess is that the OS (MCE 2005) needs to have this program. I did a fresh install of the OS and there is a cyberlink folder in the program files folder WEIRD. So I called Dell and told them I need a copy of cyberlink PowerDVD.

well the disk is gona be here some time next week I'll update this thread as to the results. . .

(2 hr's later)

I just made some . . improvisions and quickly aquired powerdvd after installing it my problem is resolved. It automatically integrated into MCE 2005.

I cant belive Dell didnt ship it with the 9300. Dell should know that people who order MCE OS back up disks are going to also need powerdvd or an DVD player that works with MCE. I never had this problem with any of my desktops that I built and they all have XP Pro. so this thread is solved and for any who have similar problems.