D-Link DI-624 random re-boots

netmasta

I just, a few days ago downloaded the latest firmware for the DI-624 Rev. c Firmware 2.70. I've been experiencing random re-boots once in a while since then. It seems to only happen with IM running.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? I'm asking because I've heard people complain about it happening in older firmware rev., but it's never happened to me. I'm also posting this as a heads-up to that problem.

Tried 2.70 yesterday, and although I had a bunch of new features which I had no idea what they were for, the router kept rebooting itself every once in a while. I even did the firmware update with crash recovery steps, but that didn't help. I went back to 2.50, and using the DLink connection monitor utility, it is showing 15 hours of uptime so far. 15 hours ago was when I went back to 2.50, so it's been 100% stable so far, and that is with me downloading from usenet the entire time. Basically I've been feeding the router 1 MB/s (8 Mb/s) for 15 hours straight, and not one single hickup so far. I wish the other updates were more stable.

I've just upgraded my DI-624 C to 2.70. Connection via ethernet and a DWL-G650 work fine. Unfortunately, the firmware upgrade resets to factory settings.

I'm having a problem with DHCP with an Intel 2915ABG card with WPA turned on. On the same laptop, DHCP works fine with the wired NIC card, and with the wireless when all encrytption is turned off.

When WPA is turned on, I can manually assign an IP, but DHCP will not work. I've tried selecting WPA, WPA2, and WPA2-AUTO, but DHCP will not assign an IP. I've updated to Intel's 9.0.2.1 driver, but it didn't help.

Has anyone contacted D-Link about this issue? It's pretty annoying. DHCP (Static and Dynamic) worked fine with firmware 2.50.

That is just some of the posts.. it looks like just about everyone is having connection problems of some sort.. they seem to be on for a while then all of a sudden the router goes it to crash mode or just reboots.. the funny thing is that most of the people are finding this out because their aim is disconnected... What everyone seems to be saying is go back down to 2.50? 

This is almost exact same thing that happend with the 524 last month.. Shame on Dlink..

I have been using 2.50 without any problems. I upgraded to 2.70, what a big mistake, my DI-624 will not stay connected; constant rebooting, no matter what security settings i try. Well, easy solution for me, I immediately went back to 2.50, and no more rebooting problems. Stay away from 2.70 for me.

I should have kept the old saying: if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.............

Ok, this 2.70 firmware it's irritating me now. Everything had been fine until I try to print to a shared printer in the LAN. Rebooting the computer makes the printer work again but that problem wasn't there before 2.70.

Another problem I found, when I try to access one computer in the LAN remotely from outside the computer doesn't respond. I get home and the computer is running. Rebooting again fixes the problem.

I think I'm going back to 2.52. None of these problems were there with 2.52. I kind of liked 2.70, somehow the Internet connection felt very responsive but I don't like those problems I'm having.

All sorts of connection problems..

Well, I am using AIM. Actually my sister has it running on her computer at the same time too. That's probably it.

Would you happen to know the port settings?

Never mind I found the I found the ports on the D-Link Knowledge base.

It seems like a lot of traffic may lock-up the router.

outer Locks up  Print

The following are possibilities why you router is locking up: