Westell 2200 Modem

Marcin541

I have a westell 2200 modem and I have been trying to get a website working on my computer for a long time now. My modem is a "dsl router" which means i have to forward ports. I have tried apache, which uses port 80 by default. I tried to forward port 80 on my modem and everything was fine. (They have a section called "Services" where you forward ports, and they have a few pre defined ports for basic "services" such as port 80, so i used that).I looked up my ip address and tried going to it. I got a page cannot be displayed page. So i checked over the ports, and everything seemed fine as before. I try going to 127.0.0.1 and it opens an apache page so it wasnt my software. So i said to myself "Maybe i need to try another port". I did just that, with port 81. I forwarded it, and downloaded Abyss Webserver which has a more userfriendly interface. I changes the abyss port to 81. I rechecked that i forwarded port 81. I tried going to my ip using port 81, page cannot be displayed again. So i go to 127.0.0.1:81 and once again, it works. I ran one of those internet tests which shows you what ports you have open, and I had like 4 ports open. I tried every single one of those and none worked. When i try openeing it with IE it says page cannot be displayed, but when i try firefox i get a connection refused error. A westell 2200 modem is built for security i guess. I ran that open port test on dslreports.com and got a perfect score (meaning im pretty much safe from hackers). Changing modems is also out of the picture. So if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please help me out.

I've tried long and hard setting up one on my computer too and it just doesn't want to work! Just give up before you get angry and throw your computer out the window like i did. (not really)