I have a question

Ryan314

I hope im in the right topic but.. how can i tell if my connection is capped... also where can i download vanburens cablenut because i really want to tweak my connection

also does anyone know which one of vanburens settings i would use?

im on the 6mb plan of comcast

this is one of my download tests

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 8142 Kbps about 8.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 994 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Dec 6 22:40:02 PST 2005

Bottom Line:: 145X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.03 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 74.68 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AWPIRK1BS

my upload is like

364 on average

thanks for the help

(if this is in the wrong topic could an admin switch it to the right one?)

Dont wanna sound like a noob but how do i back up my registry and if need be restore it?

start-run-regedit-file-export-save

but i suggest you only open cablenut and if you see values in the fields, type them down or save the settings as a .ccs file

if you dont see any values, then your using windows default and wont need to backup, cos cablenut can easy restore windows default settings by just clicking "delete cablenut tweaks" and click save to registry+ reboot

VanBuren :)

Yeah when i opened cablenut  advuster program theres nothing in there.. that means i have windows defaul.. but my only problem is when i opened your cablenut 7 settings i chose all the things pertaining to my situation but i got to a point where i didnt know what to do.. i got to a screen where i clicked winxp 2k cable_dsl then it came to other files with numbers like heres an example  mss1460 mss 1452 and mss140 and hno router.. i have the modem on my computer and i have the router on my computer. so which one of those would i click?