What does my speed test show?

anaron

I have run several several tests and the below tests are pretty much the average rates for the tests. My system is wireless dsl coming into a D-Link-810+ then to my Buffalo G54 router going to 2 Dell 8250 Deminsions computers. Spy Sweeper, Ad-Adware, Spyblaster and Norton protect my machine. Every other day, I run Window Washer, Norton WinDoctor, Regseeker and Regvac. Once a week I run Norton Speed Disk and Disk Doctor. The OS is Xp Home Sp2. I purchased the guaranteed 256Kbps burstable to 384Kbps 3 years ago. My antenna is about 3/4 mile with excellent line of site to the tower. My speed seems considerably slower than it was last year and I never test out near the 384k. My isp provider has checked my system a couple of times and says I need to spend $400 and upgrade my dsl equipment. I hate to spend the money and not gain anything. Could someone give me an idea of where I am at.

DOWNLOAD

Momentum ISP Test

Your current bandwidth reading is:1.11 Mbps

which means you can download at 141.73 kB/sec. from our servers.

DOWNLOAD

Testmy

To be honest you're getting exactly what you should. The Key is the word "burstable" that means a momentary burst of speed usually no more than a few seconds long that usually happens with transfers  of non-compressed data such as text. Try using Netstat Live from http://www.analogx.com

to monitor your speed while doing a speed test or downloading it will spike to around 384 momentarilly but you average will be around 256.