shooters

gingangguly

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether something is pointless is purely in the eye of the beholder. You can't be stereotypical in thinking everyone will have the same point of view or opinion as you.

I actually enjoy many FPS (First Person Shooters) out there. I mainly play Call of Duty and its expansion as of right now. I might be getting World of Warcraft pretty soon as well.

I havent played Halo 2, so I have no idea what its like.

My game of choice is Tomb Raider, but depends on ones view, I am 40 years old and play others on occasion, kids should stay away from the violent type of games.

Yeah, I've watched violent movies since I was a wee little one, but I'm not going to go out and take a chainsaw to anybody. I pretty much did everything at a young age (eg, walk, talk, ride a bike, swim, etc.). I was riding a bike without training wheels at 3 years of age. I'm in no way bragging, but I guess it's because of my relativley high IQ, as RTB noted.

However, there are geniuses out there who's IQs are through the roof, yet still have problems discerning fact and fiction. I think it really depends on the person. IQ plays a role, but it is ultimately the person I believe.

i think that games like halo 2 and san andreas maybe curently acceptable but that will not be for long. in medeval times trying to knock someone of a horse with a very sharp stick was perfectly good and fun. In the roman age beheading people was a hobby of emperor augustus when he was bored so the pattern is as time goes on violence used for entertainment becomes less popular. So enjoy the games like halo now but give it time and i assure u playing such games will be appauling behaviour so be prepared to change ur way's of entertainment in time. lol however i will be happy to listen to any objections, or comments or questions about my statement

You use three examples, each a very long time away from each other, then refer to violent games as if they will lose their playability ina much shorter time. I agree with the world trying to become less violent, but there are certain presidents and bosses that do not listen...

Violence will always be a part of society. There are no two ways about it. As long as there are conflicting ideals (which there always will be), it will be present. You're little poking people with sticks example has one flaw. At the same time they were prodding each other, they were also staging huge wars and taking over neighboring lands. Violence in no way has faded. It is just now taking place on a smaller scale. Violent feelings and inhibitions can't be expressed as freely as they use to.

Problem is that in some movies and also videogames, when you fight ppl can take several kicks against head, and still stand.

In reallity you end up in a hospital, dead or with some sirious damages.

Most kids dont know how much damage a person can take, most kids probl know that if you use a gun they problably end up dead. But kicking against head and fight with baseball bats its not deadly.....

All this violence is stored in the brain unconsciously

VanBuren :)

mr hahn u could not be more wrong i may have over estimated the rate violence is becoming disliked at but it is still happening at a steady rate' date=' 80 years ago their were 2 world wars less the 40 years apart their has not been another for 80 years or so[/quote']

Your talking small apples there bud. The world has been around longer than you can count in your lifetime. 40 and 80 years make no comparison.

From the point of religion, violence started shortly after the creation of Eden. Eden wasn't a paradise for very long. You're giving an example to something that lasted such little time that there is no comparison here either.

i am aware that the world has been around for more than 80 years thankyou in fact i refered to the roman age just 20 minutes ago however my point is that, violence is decreasing in parts of the world at increasing rates, it decreased a bit throughout the roman age that was milleniums on end, it decrease a fair bit through out the middle ages, which is over 1000 years, and now in just 80 years it has decrease a little. A metaphoric way of describing this is that "non violence is gainging speed"

You're saying there has been a steady decline in violence since time began? I would have to disagree. The two atomic bombs dropped in WW2 would amount to major battles or even perhaps campaigns way back when with just the push of a button. Combine that with 3 constant fronts of fighting all over the world, and I would say that it has at least stayed steady, if not increased. I've explained all I can. If you don't see how flawed your hypotheses are, I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do.

If anyone would like to back his comment that I'm in any way "struggling" here, please jump in at any time so I can get a good laugh.

All of your examples have been from the past 2000 years. Comparing 2000 with billions of years is just nonsense. You've proven nothing.

LMAO! 5000, 2000, it doesn't matter. You can't compare so few thousand years to a history that goes back billions and is for the most part undocumented. As I said, you've proven nothing.

Even your hypothesis for it declining in that little timeline is very flawed. You've gone through 6th or 7th grade history, and you think you know the history of the world itself. You don't have enough background in anything you're trying to argue to remotely try and prove a point that is so abstract as yours.