Help with php

justinlay

If Linux, make sure you chmod forum directory to 777.

Providing you haven't done that, there is other files that need to be chmod to 777, sorry I dont remeber the files needed, I haven't used phpBB in quite sometime.

Yeh, that confused me too when I first saw it. I was just like...... WHAT?!?! Anyways, your using FTP for this right? If so there should be somewhere that has something like "Properties / CHMOD" and just go to that and there should be somewhere that says "Permissions". Just change the number to 666. In smartFTP you just right click on the file you want to change and then in the list it has CHMOD. Then you just click that and it pops up a box with stuff the config the permissions. If you don't understand this jsut reply and i can help some more. (i think)

i use smart ftp too.......sometimes it gives me troubles.........i switched to ws ftp pro - awesome program....far more reliable and easier to use than smart ftp (example => when uploading a file with many sub-folders, in smart ftp those sub folders i had to create manually.........so if there is like 100 sub folders in one big folder, yeah...its gonna take me a while - ws ftp does it automatically).....