Annoying firefox problem

asubaseball727

Well as some of you already know, my computer craps out on me and goes to the blue screen because of some hardware issue, and that happened today. However, after I restarted my computer, when i went into firefox the reinstall window came up for the google toolbar, and i had to retype my zipcode for the weather plugin, my homepage was the standard FF one, and my bookmarks were all gone. It's not that big of a deal, but now the bookmarks tool bar comes back after everytime i disable it, and until i do the screen moves up and down kind of like this smiley :haha: haha, but anyways, how can I fix this? Did it start a new profile? Can I get it back to my old one?

Thanks

asubaseball727:In the WindowsApplicationDatamozillaFirefoxprofiles8k21s65t.default

bookmark backups .At least this is the location in my os.There are bookmark backups for Firefox if yours are still there.If you still need to do a clean install copy & paste the backup folder in your TEMP folder so the uninstall doesn't remove it .Then you can use it to replace the bookmarks in the new install.

To do a clean uninstall of Firefox you need to use the uninstall in your Program files for Mozilla Firefox.Even then it leaves a file in your Application data.Under Mozilla(at least it did in mine).

Then you need to DL & save the newest Firefox its always good to have the installer in case you need to reinstall the same version If you have the older version installer then after the clean uninstall reinstall with it.Then uninstall it if it is not the most recent version.This will get the best uninstall.

To get your bookmarks back if you use IE too & your favorites has the same "bookmarks" as your Firefox the new install will import these.