Email

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I'm at work and we use a pop3 email system....A user got a laptop and gave up a workstation .She now wants the same settings and files She had before to now exist.....I did all that..but, because she doesnt have the rights i logged in as the admin...

I made a mistake though, while i was logged in as the admin I created back the email client settings with Ms Outlook(and received all of 44 emails)...when she reported the problem I then configured it through her user A/c  but only received 5 emails( with the same laptop) ....How do I get the rest of mail that was there when I logged in as Admin?

(Do I have to remove the Email settings thats there when i log in as Admin Cause i setup user settings under Admin A/c)

(And if I remove that settings wont the Emails be deleted?)

THANKS!!

I don't think you can - if you log in for the 1st time and receive 44 email messages, and you go to another workstation for example, log in again using the same program - it will not show the other 44 messages, it will only show the new ones

the reason why is becuase when you receive messages from the pop server they automatically get deleted from the server itself - thats why when you log in again, you do not get duplicate e-mail

the only way to get the other 44 messages to the 2nd machine is to actually export all email messages from the 1st client and to import them on the 2nd client

i mean, i can only think of couple of ways to transfer the email messages from one computer to another

1) if the program you are using has an export messages feature, use that - save the exported messages, transfer them to the 2nd computer, and then import ur messages

2) forward all email messages to the same e-mail address, and open them on the computer you wanna have them on

If I were you... always make sure you change the account settings in outlook to leave a copy of messages on the server before you allow it to get mail.  (Maybe not useful advice right now, but it could help in the future)

Thanks I solved the problem by just exporting the admin settings of Outlook to the new user settings..........Leaving a copy of the messages on the server is a good idea but....I find backing up the outlook settings and folders backs up all the messages as well .......so I find the user can do that and its better.....