FIOS

koncrete

:haha:

Got FIOS (Cool).

Got the free wired router (Way Cool)

Called FIOS and got a free upgrade to their wireless router (with the microcode adjusted by their techies... Wicked Cool).

My new speeds... Priceless.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 22215 Kbps about 22.22 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2712 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/29 - 8:59pm

Bottom Line:: 387X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.38 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 4.484 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 344.12 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-M4C8UIBJY

Guest thecableguy

:haha:

Got FIOS (Cool).

Got the free wired router (Way Cool)

Called FIOS and got a free upgrade to their wireless router (with the microcode adjusted by their techies... Wicked Cool).

My new speeds... Priceless.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 22215 Kbps about 22.22 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2712 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/29 - 8:59pm

Bottom Line:: 387X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.38 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 4.484 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 344.12 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-M4C8UIBJY

Hope you aren't paying for their 30mb service or you're getting robbed out of 7.8mbps....22mpbs is a far cry from their advertised 30mbps rate.

Oh wait....I guess we can blame it on the router that was tweaked by their microcode techies.....<snicker>

Guest thecableguy

I'm on the 15/2.

I just got the new router today if that might make a difference

Then thats not bad....not bad at all....but techies.....Verizon....cmon man.....<just messin wiff ya>

Not paying for the 30, and I dont suspect this will last.

I will admit I did get consistent 13-15.5 speeds and 1.7-1.9 speeds every test though the a  D-LINK/LINKSYS combo.

Now (on the soapbox). They still cannot resolve my FTP issue and the've given up on it leaving me out in the cold. (Even after taking remote control of my PC and digging through my routers, PC, etc.

I even signed up for the "Business account" where all ports are supposed to be open.

Still out in the cold.

Wicked speeds though.

Guest thecableguy

Not paying for the 30, and I dont suspect this will last.

I will admit I did get consistent 13-15.5 speeds and 1.7-1.9 speeds every test though the a  D-LINK/LINKSYS combo.

Now (on the soapbox). They still cannot resolve my FTP issue and the've given up on it leaving me out in the cold. (Even after taking remote control of my PC and digging through my routers, PC, etc.

I even signed up for the "Business account" where all ports are supposed to be open.

Still out in the cold.

Wicked speeds though.

Dude...read your FIOS contract....FTP serving is prohibited and they are definately blocking you.  If you read back this is one of BIG complaints about FIOS...that people didn't find out about until after they read the very very very fine print.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....  Oh and no offense taken....I would have responded sooner but I kinda lost track of this thread.

Oh they also block IRC and Web serving as well.....not sure how that affects those who want to run game servers (I'm not a gamer).