Internet Slow, But I think something is possible on my end (router,bband) HELP

Ok someone please gotta help. This is the deal. I am in a country far behind in today's progressing Net World. So at around 15$ im getting speed 128 Kbps and 256 Kbps for 7 hours at night. unlimited downloading (Thank God).

but my Evil ISP is actually "throttling the speeds" of the users especially the heavy downloaders . thats why we get speeds of only like 80-90 Kbps in day at double of that for seven hours night. We are beginning to feel being victim of ..... some internet bandwidth fraud or something  :)  :-|:( . another member of testmy.net "hiteshsomai" faces same problem.

anyway the internet is through broadband router. i have the router. is something possible on my end. because in the router i see downstream limit of upto 512 Kbps. please just lay down what can be done. The security and cyber laws in this country are very meagre. So something unfair can also be possible to do. (i guess if thats only way to get fair). So Someone please help. Request from me , "hiteshsomai", and other suffering users of this ISP. Following are the router details. If i forgot to mention something ill immediately do the needful. SOMEONE PLEASE JUST HELP

[email protected]

solidsnake

India

Airtel Broadband( The Big Manipulaters)

DSL Status

Status SHOWTIME   

Mode G.DMT 

Type Fast 

Downstream Upstream

Rate (Kbps) 512  352 

SNR Margin (dB) 30.3  29.0 

Attenuation (dB) 13.5  4.0