Windows Geniune Advantage

wingzero2309

I made the mistake of updating my moms computer with the Automatic Windows Update, and i'm guessing it installed the Windows Genuine Advantage thing.  Now it nags me every time i turn on the computer, which is quite lame.  I was aware that the computer didnt have a genuine copy of windows when i bought it, but hey...it only cost $75 from a friend who didnt want it (decent specs too...Compaq Presario 7599...700Mhz P3...256mb RAM...17in crt...cdrw and dvd drives...80gb HD)

So...my question is...how do i get rid of this stupid nag screen?  I am aware this question is probably not 'legal', so maybe someone who knows how can PM me a method?  So far i disabled the geniune advatange thing from the IE add-on menu, but it didnt seem to take care of the nag screens.

Also...will a reformat get rid of it (assuming I dont stupidly download the geniune advantage update again...)?

edit: oh...and I'm definately not going to purchase a $100 windows xp disc, for a computer that costs $75...

edit2: my other computers have legit copys of windows xp (one is pro, one is home), maybe i could somehow copy legal files from the legal OS's, to the 'illegal' comp?

I made the mistake of updating my moms computer with the Automatic Windows Update, and i'm guessing it installed the Windows Genuine Advantage thing.  Now it nags me every time i turn on the computer, which is quite lame.  I was aware that the computer didnt have a genuine copy of windows when i bought it, but hey...it only cost $75 from a friend who didnt want it (decent specs too...Compaq Presario 7599...700MHz P3...256mb RAM...17in crt...cdrw and dvd drives...80GB HD)

So...my question is...how do i get rid of this stupid nag screen?  I am aware this question is probably not 'legal', so maybe someone who knows how can PM me a method?  So far i disabled the geniune advatange thing from the IE add-on menu, but it didnt seem to take care of the nag screens.

Also...will a reformat get rid of it (assuming I dont stupidly download the geniune advantage update again...)?

edit: oh...and I'm definately not going to purchase a $100 windows xp disc, for a computer that costs $75...

you should try google instead, we dont want illegal stuff on this board...

VanBuren :)