help please.

col.tazz

hello,i have a siemens speedstream 6520.i just had it put in by my isp provider.anyway it is hooked up to my dsl modem and the router is hooked to my port in the back of the computer.the prob is i have my ps2 hooked to the router and know when i play online i can not join the games in proggress,as i was able to do before i got the router.is there some setting's i have to play with or change?the reason i got the router was i just got a new dell comp and when i unpluged the comp from the modem to use the ps2 it whiped out my isp conn.i hope you can make sense of this.lol.  thank's in advance. :?:

First.. Welcome to the forum..

Alright I think I know what you are talking about.. You have a computer hooked to the router/modem combo with a ps2 also attached.  When you try and join games, only in-progress ?, you are unable to connect.

Are you familiar with port forwarding?

The ps2 requires the following port to be forwarded to it..

*  Basic PS2 Ports

o TCP: 53

o TCP: 80

o TCP: 443

o As well as allowing ICMP

The other option is to put the ps2 into the DMZ, de-militarized zone.  This is what I would as it requires less configuration and there isnt really any security issues, that I know of, by doing this with a gaming console.

first of all thank you for the wecome.i'm not really sure about the 2 options you are talking about.it sound's like the 2nd one is easyer.but i'm not sure how to do it.could you explaine both or have something i could down load?.and thank you for the quick responce.

not a problem..

Open IE and type http://speadstream

This should bring up the Router Web Gui..  From there log in and click on gateway.  On the right click on Security.. The you are going to be looking for DMZ.. It should be listed under GAMING.  Click on configure.

At this point you are going to want to have you PS2 on and functional.  Under Enable DMZ with this HOST IP address select the IP address of the PS2.  Then you can either make it perminate or temp.. I would make it temp because the IP is going to change in the future.. so select the amount of time you want the rule to be in effect and click apply..

That should be it.  If you have any questions just let us know.

not a problem..

Open IE and type http://speadstream

This should bring up the Router Web Gui..  From there log in and click on gateway.  On the right click on Security.. The you are going to be looking for DMZ.. It should be listed under GAMING.  Click on configure.

At this point you are going to want to have you PS2 on and functional.  Under Enable DMZ with this HOST IP address select the IP address of the PS2. Then you can either make it perminate or temp.. I would make it temp because the IP is going to change in the future.. so select the amount of time you want the rule to be in effect and click apply..

That should be it.  If you have any questions just let us know.

i did as you said,but it takes me to just a lot ofweb sites.not any i can sign into or go to setting's?i did down load the residential gatway user guide.?