Happy with test results

SuperNode

Hello.

Here are my recent test scores. Very pleased!

Download Speed Test Results 

"I'm not worthy! Your connection scored 5/5 stars!!" (test again)

6987 Kbps or 6.99 Mbps (853 kB/s)

0              1000                2000            3000            4000            5000            6000            7000            8000  Kbps

::You::

avg rr.com (4803 Kbps)

Typical Cable (256 - 4000)

Typical DSL (256 - 1500)

Satellite (50 - 1500)

ISDN (64 - 128)

Dial Up (28.8 - 56)

0              122.1              244.1            366.2            488.3            610.4            732.4            854.5            976.6 kB/s

Test Result Details

Your connection is: 6987 Kbps or 6.99 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 853 kB/s

You are running: 122 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 1.2 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:SuperNode CompID:612044333405

Test Time:: 2006/08/15 - 9:12pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Test ID: 0D5JWIETF (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 45.47 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

This was tested from a 5983 kB file and took 7.015 seconds to complete

I think others on here are getting better speeds than that. I saw one earlier that was close to 8000. You never know. And he said he was also on the 7 package.  :D

I am assuming you are running a clean computer?

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-4257

And have you tweaked it as of yet?

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-1013

Appreciate the suggestions, folks.

The system is very clean, but there are a lot of processes running (by choice).

I use the computer several hours a day, and my heavy-duty surfing warrants a lot of security features. I have several layers of security.

I use Ad Aware, Spyware S & D, and Spyware Doctor, and find Spyware Doctor the best by far.

In addition to the anti-virus program, I have a resident five-star commercial anti-Trojan program, another resident commercial anti-logger program, and a few other goodies.

The drive is always defragged. I use Diskeeper, which runs automatically at night, and I usually manually defrag at least once during the day. Once a week I run a boot-time defrag.

I used to manually tweak the system using the items from Speedguide.net, but now I use TCPOptimizer.

My desktop is directly connected to a Netgear 108 Mbps wireless NAT firewall router, and two other computers are connected wirelessly. Each computer has a software firewall.

I have a resident VPN encrypted tunnel program running constantly, as well as a resident remote-access program.

So in view of all that is running, I am happy with the performance. But I always am looking for improvements, so thanks for your suggestions.