Wireless ethernet bridge

gotmilk

Well, my official Xbox wireless adapter (Microsoft MN-740) just broke a couple days ago (when I plug it in it doesn't turn on) and I'm looking for a new wireless bridge.  I came across this as my first choice.  Does anyone know anything about Buffalo products?  Is this a good wireless bridge?

I just got that exact same thing in the mail today.  I've got it hooked up with 4 PC's behind it and it has zero (well, <1ms) latency.  It is sweet so far.

Get it from buy.com...it's cheaper (plus free shipping) there and I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

Good luck!

Well, my official Xbox wireless adapter (Microsoft MN-740) just broke a couple days ago (when I plug it in it doesn't turn on) and I'm looking for a new wireless bridge.  I came across this as my first choice.  Does anyone know anything about Buffalo products?  Is this a good wireless bridge?

Buffalo products are very good, there routers are some of the best you can get. Ive never had a problem with the 2 that ive used.

they are pretty solid.. they are know more for their nas product I think.. but they have been around for a while.. I think they may have had one of the first 54g routers available to the general public.

The other one to check out is dlink's...  I have one of their wireless ethernet bridges.. it works really well..

I just got that exact same thing in the mail today.  I've got it hooked up with 4 PC's behind it and it has zero (well, <1ms) latency.  It is sweet so far.

Get it from buy.com...it's cheaper (plus free shipping) there and I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

Good luck!

Hey, you're right!  Thanks!

OK, I bought it, and have had it for a couple days now, and when I play Halo 2 on Xbox Live, it's really laggy.  Consistently.  This is a problem I didn't have with my Xbox wireless adapter (MN-740).  What can I do to fix the problem?

are you hosting or is somone else hosting the game when its laggy?

I may call the manufacturer, but I'm not sure what to say........... 

Do you think buying a new antenna would make a drastic improvement?

EDIT:  If I move it closer, it's fine.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2965 Kbps about 2.97 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 362 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 254 Kbps about 0.25 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 31 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/26 - 12:12pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2L3I4WOAF

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SN3M6RDAQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 [!]

It must be the signal strength.  Should I get a new antenna?  Would it help?

you are picking up some type of interference.. I dont know if a new antenna would help out at all.. if it is true interference boosting the crap out of your signal is not going to help... you need to remove what ever is causing the problem.. I would either move it closer.. or put a longer ethernet cord on it and get it away from the electronic devices