Question about xbox 360

Ryan314

What a crock, sorry about being so straight but both suggestions that I made earlier about an external HDD and the PC backup both use the USB port.  Guess Ryan did not read correctlly, or he just forgot about his USB drive itself.  Besides as he stated "His mommy bought the thing for him so he can't spend the money and has to depend on mommy for it.

It all goes back to the responsibility of the consumer to back up the HDD of the PC or console.  Honestly I doubt any repair facility will take a console without the HDD unless you get luacky and have this prearranged with them.  I also doubt, even though I made the suggeation, that a repair facility will swap your drive unless this is again prearanged and paid for extra.  Look at nearly every PC game bought.  Even Microsoft recomends making a copy of the CD first then using the copy to install Windows and putting the original up for safe keeping.

Good luck in your 360 not taking a dump on you but if it does break and it is sent to Microsoft it will need the HDD otherwise it will be sent back COD.  Again good luck and sorry about being so blunt.

What a crock, sorry about being so straight but both suggestions that I made earlier about an external HDD and the PC backup both use the USB port.  Guess Ryan did not read correctlly, or he just forgot about his USB drive itself.  Besides as he stated "His mommy bought the thing for him so he can't spend the money and has to depend on mommy for it.

It all goes back to the responsibility of the consumer to back up the HDD of the PC or console.  Honestly I doubt any repair facility will take a console without the HDD unless you get luacky and have this prearranged with them.  I also doubt, even though I made the suggeation, that a repair facility will swap your drive unless this is again prearanged and paid for extra.  Look at nearly every PC game bought.  Even Microsoft recomends making a copy of the CD first then using the copy to install Windows and putting the original up for safe keeping.

Good luck in your 360 not taking a dump on you but if it does break and it is sent to Microsoft it will need the HDD otherwise it will be sent back COD.  Again good luck and sorry about being so blunt.

Thats fine and all, but on a pc its not too hard to make a backup of the hard drive, on the 360.. im not even sure if you can transfer game saves from the hdd to an external device you buy for the 360.ESPECIALLY, if the person downloaded things from microsoft for the 360 such as themes mini arcade games full games which are available for like 60 bucks, i doubt they are on the hard drive and are able to transfer out.

All of my games that are on there NOW i want and need.

Ill look into it more.

Thats fine and all, but on a pc its not too hard to make a backup of the hard drive, on the 360.. im not even sure if you can transfer game saves from the hdd to an external device you buy for the 360.ESPECIALLY, if the person downloaded things from microsoft for the 360 such as themes mini arcade games full games which are available for like 60 bucks, i doubt they are on the hard drive and are able to transfer out.

All of my games that are on there NOW i want and need.

Ill look into it more.

If something like that happens the only thing you do is call Xbox and tell them your issue and they will give you a prepaid code (think thats the name) to put into your 360 that would give your arcarde game back that you lost or deleted. Since it's going to show up on your account that you bought it.

If something like that happens the only thing you do is call Xbox and tell them your issue and they will give you a prepaid code (think thats the name) to put into your 360 that would give your arcarde game back that you lost or deleted. Since it's going to show up on your account that you bought it.

Oh okay, awesome. Thanks man.  :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Also, If there is a problem with the box and not the hard drive, you just send the box and they will send you a refurbished one. It is actually explicitly stated somewhere (but i'm too lazy to find it in my browsing history) that if you send your hard drive, controller or anything else that is not defective, you might never see them again :grin:

Its good to know that if your HD fails, they replace the downloaded data on it. For the rest of the data tho, half the text on their return policy is to say that they are not responsible for it, so don't put your graduations picture on there and burn the originals, cause they won't make you graduate again.