Wildblue page loading problems.

pcchris45

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope it's in the right place. I subscribed to Wildblue  512 internet service a little over a week ago. Unfortunately, satellite service is all I can get here. I am not at all unhappy with the overall speed; it sure beats the heck out of dial up, but during certain times of the day, mostly afternoon and evening, about every other time I try to load a web page or post a reply, I either get no response or the page will partially load then stop. Sometimes I can hit the stop button, then reload and it will continue to load, but other times I may have to shut down the browser.

I am running Win XP home on a Athalon 2000 system w/ 1GB mem.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 browser with and without the wildblue automatic proxy config URL.

I use a D-link DI-512 router and have tried bypassing it or  using LAN or wireless.

I have reset windows defaults for TCP/IP, tried Cablenut optimizer with the stock satellite settings and the VanBuren settings.

I have cleared my cache, cookies, history etc, many times. I have reset the modem many times.

When the setup works, it works great, but then when it starts this freezing up, it sure takes the fun out of the internet.. I did a search here and did not see anything for this topic, so I hope this post is not out of line.

I hope this is something you all have heard of and can help with a solution.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Chris

Welcome to the forum pcchris45  :wave:  :welcome:

That almost sounds normal for satelite.

Lets see if I can think of anything you did not try.

Defrag.

Ice or snow on dish.

Grounded properly.

Are there any items running in the background? CLick on Ctrl+Alt+Delete to see.

I can barely load a pic during that time of day myself.  :coffee:

And yours is pretty lite. How much to upgrade?

All I can think of.  :smiley:

Thanks Tommie for your reply. The only thing I can see that is not done is the dish is not grounded. My tv dish is, so I wonder why they did not ground this one..I will certainly check this out.

To upgrade to 1mb download is another 20 bucks; I think that is a bit much, but if I can't use this system for more than 1/2 day, I may have to upgrade.. :sad:

Thanks again for your help, and I hope you have a great new year..

Chris

I would certainly not upgrade to fix an install problem or NOC problem.......call tech support to get it fixed, threaten to cancel the service......there is a 30day time frame you can get out of the contract right? Regardless of which plan your on, some speed should still be available to you.......unless you are a heavy user and are under the FAP.  :icon_study:

Thanks fikester, I will contact tech support this week. They are in Denver and are still digging out from the last storm so they seem to have a backlog in the support section. I have E-mailed them to see if they have any suggestions; if I don't hear anything in the next day or so I will call.

Happy New Year..