IE7 won't start

Le_Murphant

Its been like that for a while, but when I open IE7, the window pops up for a second and then closes. I checked with process explorer, the process comes up and terminates within a second. I don't mind too much because I use firefox but I still need IE to download updates. I run on XP. A google search gives me plenty of results but none fix my problem. I scanned with nod32 and ad-aware and theres seems to be no malware. Any ideas?

Its been like that for a while, but when I open IE7, the window pops up for a second and then closes. I checked with process explorer, the process comes up and terminates within a second. I don't mind too much because I use firefox but I still need IE to download updates. I run on XP. A google search gives me plenty of results but none fix my problem. I scanned with nod32 and ad-aware and theres seems to be no malware. Any ideas?

When IE , or a bowser starts acting up on me, I un-install lit and then re-install. First I make sure my bookmarks, or favorites are imported to the other browser.

Let us know  :smile2:

Huh, it worked  :grin2:

Go figure, its IE

Another program i'm having a hard time with is Mathematica. It won't finish installation, it just quits. Ive tried a standalone version and they say that there's a missing dll (even tho its a standalone...). I know its quite vague, but i'm just wondering if you have ideas on how to solve that. Tried to uninstall everything, but that would be hard since installation was actually never completed...

Guest jeffwalker9999

Huh, it worked  :grin2:

Go figure, its IE

Another program i'm having a hard time with is Mathematica. It won't finish installation, it just quits. Ive tried a standalone version and they say that there's a missing dll (even tho its a standalone...). I know its quite vague, but i'm just wondering if you have ideas on how to solve that. Tried to uninstall everything, but that would be hard since installation was actually never completed...

re installing software application and errors >>>>>>>

see this somewhat related problem at url

http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=3172

also - you may wnat to use http://www.deaddiskdoctor.com/ and copy the cd/dvd

to the harddrive and install from it

my 2 cents

good luck

If you dont mind me asking, what are you trying to do w/ Mathematica?

Drawing graphs, resolving integrals, resolving matrix among other things. I know matlab can do the job too but my university mainly uses Mathematica so i'l stick with what it has.

Sure you bought the correct platform, and have the system req. for this?  Did you DL, or get the DVD? The new version is for quad core computing. You are coding on your server?

http://store.wolfram.com/catalog/

I had already used that version before on the same comp, but my HD got erased and somehow I can't reinstall it. Anyways, its not incompatible hardware.

Jeffwalker, i'l give your links a try, thx

The problem's not with the CD (there is no CD, its a pirate version). What is weird is that the standalone one can run on an usb key, my friend says, so I don't understand how a dll could be missing. Checked wolfram's website, and there seems to be no file downloads.

Althought I might repeat myself, i'l say: Go figure

I did a search for the missing dll on my computer, even thought it wasent found last time, it was this time, copied it to the executable's folder, ran the exe and it worked. I'l never understand how computers work on the inside. But thx for your help all of you.