need ideas,backup and restore super easy..

ninjageek

Getting ready to tweak and install some programs on my mothers computer. Keep in mind she can barely turn on the computer. She has a e-machine ( :tickedoff:) It was a gift. Anyway. She has a cd rom drive and one 40 gig hard drive, no desire to upgrade. So I need to figure out how to best back it up to another partition and make it so she can restore the computer herself if needed. She is a 3 hour drive away. Norton ghost is what I use and WAY to geeked out for her. Any ideas??

there are a few options.. I would personally go with creating a custom window installation cd..  So she would only have to put it into the cd-rom drive boot it and the system would be restored to the original condition..

http://www.forwardbusinesssolutions.com/content.php?pid=121

There is a better guide.. I just need to find it...

Well after messing with countless programs, I believe I will just have her use system restore in xp. That seems to be the easiest, Maybe not the best, but hopefully it will be ok. If push comes to shove I will just back it up to cd. Yea I know it will take a few of them. See how it goes. I am pretty sure she will only use it for surfing, won't download or install anything. See how it goes. Thanks for the input.