tweaking cable........

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

Im possibly getting ready to jump to cable. Its been my experience that atleast in my situwaytion tweaking dsl has much more negitive affect than positive. In short tweaking dsl for me with my isp has no positive affect. I have tried them all. I wonder if cable will be the same thing. I really dont understand the tec end so much of how dsl and cable work. In general does tweaking cable make that big of diffrence or not allot. For thoes following this me getting ready to make the possible jump I have to say this. It will be a shock considering the small town im in. Live upstairs and cable having such a long haul to even get to the pole Im willing to bet I wont have any luck getting it. Im about all set up for the install. I have you guys. A friend of mine on the same cable company. She is on cable connection. So when I call to complain I have actual proof if it turns south. On the good side. Im gonna leave dsl hooked up for a couple of weeks. See how things go then make my final choice which to stay with. I will be under no contract to either. So if its garbage and tec says it my settings I can ask why her download speeds are x amount faster than mine.........Have a nice day and wish me luck. Should know by fri how this all turns out.

I have cable and I have the 4000/512 package and without mine tweaked I get around 3.7 - 3.9 and with it tweaked I can get as high as  5.0 - 5.1 that's a big difference,  :)  and since I've had cable and have experienced it  I won't be goin back to anything else  anytime soon!  :)  I'll just go up from here on out, if the good Lord is willing. Once you get cable you'll be saying the same thing. Cable is much much better than DSL. Good Luck !!

:)  This will bring varied opinions....lol, its been my experience that cable provides the best overall way to be on the Internet......I do believe a lot depends on the company that you have service with, generally cable will be much faster than dsl, again a lot may depend on your ISP, one of the many advantages of cable is you don't have to be close to a C. O., a down side can be a lot of ppl in your neighborhood having and using the connection can slow things down. IMO cable is much easier to tweak in that when I first hooked up a new system (default) to cable I made one tweak using TCP Optimizer and over doubled my speed, and really thats all that was necessary for me.  I have COX~HSI and for over 2years I have had very few system related problems..... my friend pays $25 per month for DSL and I pay $39.95, but my speeds are over double his and he is on the phone often with tech support, and has changed modems 3times and had a tech out 3 times in about 1year, and has frequent crashes.......and cable will most probally cap your monthly downloading fun.....but its not something I use.... good luck

8) Microwave

Guest helloimtim

With the test I have run up to this point. Just starting. Cable will be about 3 times faster than my dsl. These are just general. A friend of mine has the cable im gonna try. We ran some tests. Seems like they all say the same. About 3 times faster than my dsl. Will stop for now. Fill you all in probally firday on what happend. ALl that. Words cant express how much I apreciate everyones oppinion and ideas. Thank you..........Have a nice day

Im possibly getting ready to jump to cable. Its been my experience that atleast in my situwaytion tweaking dsl has much more negitive affect than positive.

There is no "one size fits all" connections thats why you need to finetune  ;)

In short tweaking dsl for me with my isp has no positive affect. I have tried them all. I wonder if cable will be the same thing.
In the speed you have, tweaking has not much impact, and if your doing it wrong it will slow down that goes for both cable and dsl.....  :evil6:

VanBuren :)