Just bought...

x_6985381

Thanks, lifted alot of worrying off my shoulders, I'll be home on saturday, put it together, and hopefully have good benchmarks by early sunday. Best of wishes out of this purchase. Currently at my placement, lmaos. :evil6: They keep banning testmy.net, so many ways to get back on here though.  :grin2:

You can run a 20pin in a 24pin but i wouldn't do it for very long. those extra 4 pins of power are used for something. Just get a 20pin to 24pin converter for 4 bucks and you will be happy when your computer doesn't crash because of not enough power.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812145002

Yeah i will have to aggree with you, I have had customers fry there boards because they were trying to build there system and thought they knew what there were doing and fried the board.  for a temp solution get the adaptor there really cheap and then i wouldnt use that for the long term solution just long enough to get they correct PSU with the 24 pin, most of the PSUs now days you can use it for either a 20 pin or a 24 pin but apparently your doesnt.  Its a common mistake that people make quite often.