internet connections stalls after installing fresh xp.

gourame

Hi guys.

Did anyone experienced this problem? i just reinstalled a fresh copy of my xp sp2 and this thing happened. i did all the tweak and stuffs that i used on my previous OS and i cant seem to understand why when i am doing a smart test 1k file and it stalls, the speed burst and suddenly makes 3 stalls before it completes the test. i never had this problem before with my old OS and whats weird about it is that its the same xp installer that i used on my previous system. checked my isp and its not on their side. if anyone can shed some light on this matter that would be so generous. tnx

Did you install the Nic drivers again?  Also by chance have you rin windows update since you have re-installed?  I have had computers do simular things because they are downloading the update they need from windows update.