internet vista problems

Guest kamil234

whenever i large files (200 mb+) my internet disconnects when im using windows vista.

i dont know what the problem is, it works fine when i play games online or browse the web. but it seems to happen with the big files (even when i stream movies sometimes) and to get it back i have to power boot my router. its annoying when you download a file and than you internet disconnects and you have to restart the download...

anyone know of a fix for this?

I can say this is the very first time I have ever seen this type of issue? Could it be your internet provider concerned about file sharing so they have a cap on the download size? Just a thought.

I am sure there are tons of programs. My browser that I use is opera, I know it has a resume feature. May want to see about some kind of program to help with this.

I noticed you have a rounter. I swear I am not trying to sound like a broken record. Could it be you need a diffrent set of drivers for vista with your router? Not sure if its a option. Can you bypass the router, Hook up direct and see if that fixes it??

Thats about my limit of knowledge with connection issues with vista. Sorry I could not be more help. You could always partition your harddrive and run vista and xp til vista gets patched and behaves a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...