Laptop wireless not working

starship_troopers

Ok, i have an acer aspire 3100-1033 and when i try to search for wireless networks it says there are none in the area. but i can connect wirelessly with my palm pilot and my psp...

when i try to make a new network it says it crashes. and when i creat my own preferred network in my wireless network properties it either crashes or doesnt save. but it keeps asking me to connect to a network called "gitters"  wtf.

how do i get media center xp on my laptop to recognize my wireless network that i am right beside the router for...when i can get all of my other devices to connect. and i've been to the 192.168.1.1 and set up everythign correctly. im just not sure why my laptop wont connect or even read that there is a network available to connect to.

sorry for not replying sooner.

ok, well i made sure the wireless button is on (first thing i did) and then i did the ipconfig /all  ...but im not sure what to look at there...it said everything was fine to my knowledge...then i did the drivers...doesnt work still. it acts like it just wont scan. if i plug it into ethernet cord it will work though.

edit-i was thinking...i want to clean out some unused files/programs from the damn thing....why not just got ahead and use my backup dvd's i made when i got it...since it didnt come with a windows disc...or would that even help me out?

ok i just did a system backup with my discs and it works now. and awesomely since i used vanburens cablenut settings.  i have a 3mbps download package and this is for wireless through my router remember

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 3417 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 417 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/18 - 5:47pm

Bottom Line:: 60X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.46 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 7.172 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 99.71 % of your hosts average (136.116)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BZMCI0Q7P

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 [!]

Guest ExtremeFusion

ok i just did a system backup with my discs and it works now. and awesomely since i used vanburens cablenut settings. i have a 3Mbps download package and this is for wireless through my router remember

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 3417 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 417 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/18 - 5:47pm

Bottom Line:: 60X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.46 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 7.172 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 99.71 % of your hosts average (136.116)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BZMCI0Q7P

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

Question  :?:

How do i setup a wireless G router,..

so that i can connect my desktop pc to it via cable (RJ 45???, dunno)

and my laptop via belkin wireless G+ network adapter...?