Gilmore PC shops,post your experience...

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

Well this is not just limited to Gilmore, QC computer shops but to other shops as well..

Pls.. post your experience good or bad.. so that buyers know where would be the nice place to make their purchases...

Here is my Experience...

At PC EXPRESS PLUS in gilmore their service is extremely slow...

Grrr... as if they are out number by computers than personnel...

3 personnel to attend to 20+ customer.. GEEZ!  :buck2:

And their warranty replacement SUCKS! takes about 2 months for them to replace my flashdisk...

At PC OPTIONS this is again at Gilmore, QC...

when i visit their shop.. there are tons of customers waiting in line in the SERVICE/WARRANTY section...

made an impression on my mind that the product is of low quality or either it is refurbished that is why they sell it cheap...

Well this is not just limited to Gilmore, QC computer shops but to other shops as well..

Pls.. post your experience good or bad.. so that buyers know where would be the nice place to make their purchases...

Here is my Experience...

At PC EXPRESS PLUS in gilmore their service is extremely slow...

Grrr... as if they are out number by computers than personnel...

3 personnel to attend to 20+ customer.. GEEZ!  :buck2:

And their warranty replacement SUCKS! takes about 2 months for them to replace my flashdisk...

At PC OPTIONS this is again at Gilmore, QC...

when i visit their shop.. there are tons of customers waiting in line in the SERVICE/WARRANTY section...

made an impression on my mind that the product is of low quality or either it is refurbished that is why they sell it cheap...

I built my pc at PC House Gilmore around 2 and a half years ago.. It was a kick as$ gaming machine at that time. it cost me around 25000 just to build the CPU.. ($550).

LOL, I built it to play half-life 2 and doom 3 which was much anticipated at that time..  :grin:

Guest ExtremeFusion

I built my pc at PC House Gilmore around 2 and a half years ago.. It was a kick as$ gaming machine at that time. it cost me around 25000 just to build the CPU.. ($550).

LOL, I built it to play half-life 2 and doom 3 which was much anticipated at that time..  :grin:

Coud you tell me the specs of your computer(CPU) that cost $550

all of its component pls...

Coud you tell me the specs of your computer(CPU) that cost $550

all of its component pls...

ASUS Motherboard (AGP) Wrong move on my part  :haha: I had no clue PCI would take over suddenly and kill AGP card slots  :haha: :haha:)

ATI Radeon 9500 256 MB

80 GB Seagate Barracuda

1 gig ram

Combo Drive LiteOn

CPU case (Black)

Pentium 4, 3.0Ghz

Plus my friend gave me his spare of 512 ram and 40 gig harddrive :evil6:

Sorry forgot the individual prices.

That was a loooong time ago. You could do the same also and get current gen parts at around that price today.

Guest ExtremeFusion

ASUS Motherboard (AGP) Wrong move on my part  :haha: I had no clue PCI would take over suddenly and kill AGP card slots  :haha: :haha:)

ATI Radeon 9500 256 MB

80 GB Seagate Barracuda

1 gig ram

Combo Drive LiteOn

CPU case (Black)

Pentium 4, 3.0GHz

Plus my friend gave me his spare of 512 ram and 40 gig harddrive :evil6:

Sorry forgot the individual prices.

That was a loooong time ago. You could do the same also and get current gen parts at around that price today.

same boat, i have bought a Inno 3d Nvidia GE Force FX 5500 AGP card, just to find out that it will soon be obsolete...  :buck2:

$2500 for that machine seems way too much even for 2 1/2 years ago. Then again technology advances so quickly i could definitely be wrong, but the fact that you actually had a shop build it for leads me to believe it was overpriced  :sad:.

I built my PC (myself, no shops) about 1 3/4 years ago and it only cost me around $900.

Specs:

ASUS A8N5X motherboard (with PCI-E  :wink:)

AMD Athlon XP 3700+ @ 2.2 Ghz

1 GB Corsair ValueSelect memory

250 GB 7200 RPM HD

GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB Video card

600 Watt power supply

DVD Drive

Anyways since this thread is about computer shops I'll just say this....... if you want a job done right at the right price do it yourself  :grin2:.

$2500 for that machine seems way too much even for 2 1/2 years ago. Then again technology advances so quickly i could definitely be wrong, but the fact that you actually had a shop build it for leads me to believe it was overpriced  :sad:.

I built my PC (myself, no shops) about 1 3/4 years ago and it only cost me around $900.

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3700+ @ 2.2 GHz

250 GB 7200 RPM HD

600 Watt power supply

DVD Drive

Anyways since this thread is about computer shops I'll just say this....... if you want a job done right at the right price do it yourself  :grin2:.

No that was in Philippines Peso.. In US dollars, it would cost $550

Guest ExtremeFusion

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3700+ @ 2.2 GHz

250 GB 7200 RPM HD

600 Watt power supply

DVD Drive

do you shop ONLINE?!

No that was in Philippines Peso.. In US dollars, it would cost $550

welp im an idiot!

do you shop ONLINE?!

Yep. Two best sites are:

tigerdirect.com (only good if they have special mail in rebates)

newegg.com (lowest prices for any computer hardware...... always).

As for the phillipines I don't know if there are any great sites like newegg there.