Ink Refill Help

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

Hello guys,

I have an Epson C42UX printer it has an ink cartridge of T036 for black and T037 for color...

anyways, C42UX and C41UX printer is basically the same, the physical features of the ink cartridges of the C41 UX printer is the same with what I have...

I want to know how to refill the T036 and T037 by myself, since that ink cartridge is not available here in my place, I have looked everywhere and still no luck.. the not so acceptable option is to order via Internet of the said cartridge but that cost more because i have to pay for the shipping and handling of the product.

I just don't wanna bust my cartridge, so if anyone could help, it be highly appreciated...

thanks...  :smitten:

Epson printers are a little tough to refill since the cartridges have a chip. It can be done on many by injecting the ink into the cartridge but you will also need a chip reseter to show that it is full again. The first mixing of ink can cause problems if you don't run enough through to flush the original ink out since the print head is in the printer very small and plug easily.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@ tommie gorman

Yes, thanks for the input.. I know the risk of refilling my epson cartridge and chances are I might damage the printer head (because epson uses a fixed printer head).. which would mean i have to replace the whole printer..

but $20?! Yes, that is sweet, but still how could it beat a refill kit that and a chip reseter that cost only $6.8

oh, I don't have a paypal account and for some reason I couldn't register because there is some questions in the registration form there that is not applicable to me.. besides dunno if delivery of that product is available here in the Phil.. most likely if it is postal (not air freight or door to door delivery) then the product wouldn't reach me.. there are a lot of dirty mailman here in the Phil..

I'm torn between this options.. Your suggestion tommie is on the safe side.. but i'm kinda tight on things right now..

besides have you used Epson printer before, Gosh they eat huge amount of ink especially when your cleaning the nozzle head.. It takes up almost 1/4 of the total ink cartridge capacity which is 2.5 ml (full capacity is 10 ml)..

So in the end, i'll be spending large amount of money just for an epson cartridge.. dang printer manufacturer.. they sell cheap printer but they put pressure on the price of their catridges..

@ granpa

thanks also for your input,

I was kinda thinking of using a syringe and using dyed-based ink, which is the same on what my printer use.. don't worry cheap reseter here is very cheap..

I'm only worried 'bout the risk of doing it..

Some cartridge can only be refilled once or twice then worn out.

Others if refilled incorrectly will form air bubbles, which would tend to make ink unavailable for a while in the printer head since there would be gaps before ink could flow again.. If ink source is cut off from the cartridge while the printer head is still printing.. then kaboom! printer head damage!

I just don't wanna screw big time with refilling my ink...

Oh, do you guys know about CIS (Continuous Ink System), is that effective?

but initial investment is rough say $66

$66 makes me think of laser printer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=ML-2010D3&x=18&y=33

You positively would not be disappointed with it. I ran my new samsung for over 2 years on factory toner. And the refill will most likely run till it either dies, or I do.  :evil6:

No more cleaning the head or inkjet refills, or dried up. I think the one refill of toner for mine was like $50. I'd have to check to be sure.

Just strong suggestion here.

O

besides have you used Epson printer before, Gosh they eat huge amount of ink especially when your cleaning the nozzle head.. It takes up almost 1/4 of the total ink cartridge capacity which is 2.5 ml (full capacity is 10 ml)..

I have found the trick to less ink is not to shut the printer off, it charges the system every time you start it up and as long as I use it once a week I don't need to clean the heads.

Guest ExtremeFusion

Ummm.... :undecided: so what did you decide after all?

refill the ink, but if i mess up big time.. i'll just get a laser printer or a non-fixed head printer  :grin: