Error in File Transmission Protocol

Guest dzep007

Hello, This is our Research Topic on our Subject Digital Communications "Error in File Transmission Protocol"

i have no clue about it, can anyone please share their knowledge about the topic? ive tried searching google but i got so many results i dont know "which is which". Help me Please Thanks.

TCP breaks dow the application data from end user down into TCP packets, Each packet has a header with the address of the host, information for putting the data back together, and info for making sure the data isnt corrupted. IP breaks the packets down further into a header with the address info, and carries the TCP info and data. IP packets are volatile , so they keep sending packets until the correct IP packets get through. ( you are probably familiar with the term  " packet loss "

Subnet packets break down the IP packets and add there own info. The IP packet might get through before the subnets get through due to possible corruption of the IP packets.

If the end user and the host are not connected by subnets, another protocol might come into play, there called  " SLIP " , and or  " PPP ".  ( Phone lines )

If you were able to see the packets , they would look like a series of  " pulses ".

When the packets reach the host, each level gets unpacked allowing the TCP level to reassemble the data into the format the host can understand.

These are the very basics, there is also (encryption, token rings ).  The basic breakdown in packets are application layer, transport layer, internet layer, subnet layer, link layer, and physical layer.

It's been a while since I learned this, so if there is a mistake, someone please jump in here .  Hope this gets you started.