HELP WITH USB WIFI

DAWOOD

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP.  I HAVE A USB HDSPA MODEM, HUAWEI E220.  I AM USING VISTA, MY DOWNLOAD SPEED SHOULD BE MORE THAN THE 60KB/S I GET ???? MY CONNECTION IS 3MB ON SPEEDTEST I GET ABOUT 6-700KB.  PLEASE HELP I AM WITH 3 UK.  I HAVE AUTOTUNINGLEVEL=NORMAL AND CONGESTIONPROVIDER=CTCP EVERYTHING ELSE DISABLED.  MTU=1500 SOETIMES FIND 1400 WORKS BETTER.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

If you're pulling 600kB/s, then you're outperforming your advertised 3mbps download speed (600kB/s =~5mpbs)

Why don't you test here at testmy.net, post the results with the links provided and then post the plan details you've signed up for... it'll be easier to help you then!

and btw, Welcome.

--Chris

cheers,

here is my results, slow as you can see.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 453 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 1024 kB)

Download Speed is:: 55 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/11/15 - 8:58am

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 18.62 sec

Tested from a 1024 kB file and took 18.503 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 15.69 % of your hosts average (co.uk)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-LW930FKC5

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081114 Minefield/3.1b2pre [!]

my plan is 3Mbps/384 should be able to download quicker i sure than 55KB and only 0.5 Mbps should be 3Mbps

i am on acer laptop, 1gb ddr, vista basic.

3 usb modem (dongle) hdspa/edge/3g

autotuning=normal

congestionprovider=ctcp

mtu=1492

thanks.

do you know a decent speed test site for me to test in the uk.  Also I am 250 miles away from my connection point.  My modem connects to maidstone approx 250 miles south of me, should it not connect to somewhere more local to me ???  what u think, is this normal ???

I will try to test at a good uk speedtest site and post if you know a good site let me know please.  Is xp better (faster) than vista  ????

thanks ....

uk test results still slow !!!!!!!  I thinks my modem connection 250 miles away is too far ????

Link: [snip]

upload 58.81 Kbps ( 0.1 Mbps )

download 345.28 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )

What is going on here ???????????????????????????????????????// :angry:

Please post speed tests from testmy.net, it is by all means the most accurate gauge. Thanks