Verizon Fios / Ports / Gaming Help?

Lureism

Hello All,

I am totally new to this site and need some help with opening ports on Verizon Fios for Gaming on the PS3.

The problem that I am having right now; is getting friends to connect to my party. Ever since I changed to Verizon Fios; my friends can't connect to me anymore unless if somebody else is hosting.

The other problem; is actually hosting matches; I can't host matches; because people can't connect to my match or party.

Does anybody here know how to open or change ports to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Lureism

MudmanC4,

Thank you; but the main problem that I am having is acutally accessing or understanding what changes to make. I am able to access the router but get lost from there. The "UPnP" will allow me to input all port numbers required for the PS3 or Sony / TCP port 80, 443, and 5223; UDP ports 3658, and 3478-3479. 

MudmanC4,

Thank you; but the main problem that I am having is acutally accessing or understanding what changes to make. I am able to access the router but get lost from there. The "UPnP" will allow me to input all port numbers required for the PS3 or Sony / TCP port 80, 443, and 5223; UDP ports 3658, and 3478-3479. 

This setting should allow the application to do this itself, you shouldn't have to do that, but there's been many times I have had to, it all depends on the application, many torrent apps will do this, I'm not sure about that gaming console.

For now, just turn UPnP on, reboot the machine, after the router, then start the machine and see what you get.

Have you found UPnP in the router yet ?  What router do you have , I can maybe find the manual online and assist you that way.

What are the chances of me locking myself out? Lol; I did it once and had to reset my router; it's the Verizon provided router.

Well unless you change the password , then you should not be locked out, and I do hope you have changed it from the default, right ?