Even more issues with DI-524 Rev. C router...

UdLDeath

Hello...

I have the DI-524 Revision C router and the AirPlus G wireless card on a semi-new build. Myself and people I know have been working on it for 2 weeks now with no shown progress. The house runs 2 computers, one downstairs that my whole family uses, and the one in my room. Next to the downstairs computer is a Road Runner modem that has been working for 2 years now, and the wireless D-Link router. My problem is, I'll put the cable from the Road Runner modem into the WAN port of my router, and then hook up my main computer to the first LAN port. Then, both computers detect the connection and CAN connect to the internet. At the router setup utility, it's set to 10/100 MPBS Auto. But, it is PAINFULLY slow. And I mean painfully. I tried to download a 12kb Bandwidth Tester from Mozilla and it took over a minute. I rebooted both computers once and it worked for about 3 minutes, but only at about 60kbps, and even then it couldnt view anything properly. The LED for "WLAN" is slowly blinking on, then off, then on. The LED for "LAN1" is blinking rapidly, like it should be. My question is, does anyone know what could be the cause of this extreme slow when I am hooked up to the router? Everything in the Utility for the router seems to be in order. Assist! I only have 6 days left to activate Windows! >_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...