Xplornet Wireless And Rapidshare

billhiggs

ok, I have been in touch with xplornet support thru email and phone not less than 15 times in the last month over degraded rapidshare speed from the hours of 7 am to 1 am, they have out and out lied and said they do not throttle rapidshare but it would seem from what I see here that they are lieing to me.

can someone confirm that they are in fact causing my slow download

when rs is degraded,my service on hotfile still download at my normal 110k

whats next?????? they are gonna pull this stunt on the other services too

bad enough my 5 mb package is thttled back to 110k but 35 k is criminal

that being said is there any way to get around their throttling?

also Bell Aliant is breezing into town with their fixed wireless, does anyone have any experience wuth their service?

xplornet has now become virtually useless for me now

It's been confirmed on another site and via a few users there, that Xplornet is throttling RapidShare speeds. RapidShare is purposely targeted by the throttle.

So if Xplornet says they don't throttle RapidShare? They definitely are.

And throttling by the clock and not by primetime slowdowns, when some throttling is needed to conserve/share bandwidth.

Paying users of RapidShare get full speeds from RapidShare and that isn't happening anymore, unless it's the middle of the night.

Also ask your Government representative why Xplornet still has not joined the http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/ As Xplornet makes more than enough money per year, for the mandatory joining criteria.

All this un-documented heavy throttling is going to dig a deep pit for Xplornet to fall into one day.

Edited by zalternate

It's been confirmed on another site and via a few users there, that Xplornet is throttling RapidShare speeds. RapidShare is purposely targeted by the throttle.

So if Xplornet says they don't throttle RapidShare? They definitely are.

And throttling by the clock and not by primetime slowdowns, when some throttling is needed to conserve/share bandwidth.

Paying users of RapidShare get full speeds from RapidShare and that isn't happening anymore, unless it's the middle of the night.

Also ask your Government representative why Xplornet still has not joined the http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/ As Xplornet makes more than enough money per year, for the mandatory joining criteria.

All this un-documented heavy throttling is going to dig a deep pit for Xplornet to fall into one day.

Where else is Xplorenet being complained about???