3.9meg+ on a 3meg cap? Not too shabby.

Gildo

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3948 Kbps about 3.9 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is:: 482 KB/sec

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 71 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.12 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=3YYFA7Y9X

Yeah, Adelphia says that the cap is 3meg, but I consistently get 3.9+ at this site, and 3.5meg with Speakeasy in NYC. I am in KY.

This is with no tweaking. This is right after the installation of the Power Link software after a reformat.

Sweet!

BTW, very nice site that you have built here. I've been testing and lurking here for about a year and a half.

I was having problems with my download speed. It had dropped to 1.9meg over the past couple of months. I called Adelphia customer service, which of course was no help. That's why I did the reformat. And just so you know, the engineer wanted to know what my connection speed was, so she sent me to a URL that has a download test, and an upload test. Guess what site it was? I was shocked to say the least. I thought that she would direct me to some obscure Adelphia site where they have an internet connection test that they run from their servers. But I was wrong.

Yes, she sent me to Testmy.net. 8)

Gil

That is not a suprise... testmy.net is the most accurate test... Thanks to CA3LE who has spent tons of time makeing it a really sweet place!!

The only reason that I can think of for them sending you here is that if you test inhouse off of their servers you really arnt experiencing the true speed... I might be wrong on this it seems that the way that they have the system setup it is like a really big lan... :roll::wink:

Oh yeah. I do love this site, though my post history doesn't refect it. I just like to come to test, and to read some of the good, the bad, and the ugly around here. You foks can be entertaining from time to time.

Gil

Glad you enjoy the site. Make sure ya tell your buddies about the site... I work off 100% word of mouth, everyones referrals are a huge help. :D

I am glad we are entertaining someone around here... I will tell you what I have learned so much for just reading stuff here that it is amazeing to even me... The only reason that this site is cool is cause of CA3LE...

By the way I have noticed that the site is quicker on the page loads... also the forum submits are really quick now... Looks like you are growning again.. 8)