Traps on CABLE & effects on Internet

Deltamusic

Am using Mediacom internet and all was great until they changed my ip, dhcp, dns and more. the new ip assigned sucks at best.When I got the service for internet only.... NO TV! I get that from my neighbor's Sat. Well when I call support they always ask how is my TV pic.? , so I check with small portable TV...  I check today and have no TV.... but for chan 14, 15, 16, the rest is snow. I call and they say they put a trap on my line as I am not paying for video services  They tell me the trap has no effect on data. hmmmm  Am I to believe that???? :violent5:

I am curious about this, since I frequently have tiling and issues with my digital channels (channels 100 on up)....and when I am downloading and uploading large amounts of data, effectively using my connection bandwidth limits, it makes my cable TV picture (digital channels only) worse.....they told me about some sort of "filter" or "booster" to help with this and that it'd be something like $50 but would help me out and stop this......any truth to this?  (sorry if this is the wrong thread, but this thread sparked the question based upon the content)....