Making a newsletter

wingzero2309

Do any of yall know of any programs that let you make newsletters that you can email to tons of people?  I want something that would let me make newsletters that are something like the ones that you get from the big companies out there--the ones that look like they're a website and you can click things and pictures and whatnot. 

Currently, i use microsoft publisher, but when i email those newsletters, it changes it to 1 big jpeg, which i dont really like too much.

So do any of yall know of any programs that let you make pretty much professional-type newsletters (but not hard to use)?

Hi wingzero2309

Mozilla Thunderbird's composer might work for you.  It will let you make tables, (which you could use to format the newsletter in columns if you want), insert images, links, format the page background or table backgrond with custom colors or images, etc...  Nice mail program.  You can download it at:    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

I think that "composer" is the name of the component you get if you click "write" in Thunderbird to "compose" new mail.  You could import all the addresses you wish to mail to into Thunderbird's address book.  Images that you insert are included in the document so you would not need to upload them to a server.

One can make great looking mail for recipients who receive mail in html using this, ...but...  now I wonder if that would work for you since, if you are to send a newsletter to lots and lots of email addresses, and many people only view their mail in plain text, you will need something that still looks good for those readers as well?  You might try making a test sample and sending it to yourself in both html and plain text just to see.