Counter-Strike:Source Ping Times...

lewis.c12

Hey, as most i have a question that i'd a few people to shed light on... I have a 2meg line, average ping is 35 whereas my mates 4 doors down (also 2 meg) is averaging at 20. im the only PC using bandwidth, he has 3 using his. not only that but my PC is better (hardware wise) and is well maintained (i know about all the shit progs tht eat-up bandwidth etc, me not tht stupid :) any ideas?

yo...this is my first post...i have never done a forum or anything...but i know about computers....

check out my problem

1 1/2 years ago i purchased the business dsl line from verizon...my advertised speed was 1.5/384...i always got those speeds...no problem

1 week ago...i changed my connection from 1.5/384 verizon business line...to a 3.0/768 verizon business line...i get my speeds all the time...no problem

my trouble is this...i play multiple online games like counter strike source...on my old line i would dominate, my ping was 20.30ms ...now on a line that is twice the speed i get more than double my ping,,,cant even play :(

there is obviously something wrong with either mine or verizons setup...i am running xp using a cheap belkin router. no changes have been made to any settings...i don't think that the trouble is with my router or my computers (4 total mostly 3 running) because i played every day and only noticed the change with the faster line...i have called verizon...they suck

they don't know...they changed my "binder group" to allow me to use a lesser percent of the maximum capacity of my line (they swore up and down this would work) in reality that attempt didn't even give me the proper speeds...tweaking was still necessary.

i know that their is not a whole lot a user like myself can do to lower a ping,,,but maybe someone can suggest something for me to TELL verizon to do to my line...in hopes of lowering my responce time...

PS....please don't just tell me to turn off  the firewalls and run without a router...i am no noob...(same results)