When testing my 6mb connection the 2292 test bar always hangs in the middle help

Guest Kilroy44

Guest Kilroy44

Yea im trying to figure out why my connection only comes in at 4-4.9mb on testmy.net while its rated above 6 on dslreports and others. Another computer on our home network is testing at 6.1mbs on this site and also the status bar doesnt hang like the other. Have tried loading without status bar but it doesnt help.

Running windowsxp sp 2

comcast cable internet

spyware and adware is clean

no firwall

norton antivirus corprate running on both

and cache has been cleaned

P.S. Only time i broke the 6mb barrier on the one computer was immediatly after reciving the speed upgrade

I could use some advice thank you  (i have vanbrueens 6000 768 tweak installed and it still doesnt go any faster)

Guest Kilroy44

Yes I have the other ones go fine but as soon as i get to the 2292 one it always lags in the middle

yet the other computers on the network dont lag and get scores of 5-6mb so i dont know whats causing the lagging

Guest Kilroy44

i tried version 7 and it still freezes at the 40-60% mark and i cant really bypass the router do to it being all the way acoss the house. Other computers on the network dont have the problem and it also doesnt freeze on the 12mb testl; only the 2mb test

i tried version 7 and it still freezes at the 40-60% mark and i cant really bypass the router do to it being all the way acoss the house. Other computers on the network dont have the problem and it also doesnt freeze on the 12mb testl; only the 2mb test

I'm guessing you're wired. Are you sure you can't bypass the router? Just unplug the wire that runs from your computer to the router, and plug the end that was in the router to the modem.