hello

Cris

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1501 Kbps about 1.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 183 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Jul 07 2005 09:30:29 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 27X faster than 56K 1MB download in 5.6 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 43.7 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-JGTSP5NXB

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 135 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 16 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Jul 07 2005 09:34:04 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 64 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 28.36 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I89S2ZABT

well as you can see, 43.7% and 28.36 % is not all that great  :roll:, i allready had SP2 and i just installed that P2P patch, and it still didnt appear to help my connection

any suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

-Cris

well as you can see, 43.7% and 28.36 % is not all that great  :roll:, i allready had SP2 and i just installed that P2P patch, and it still didnt appear to help my connection any suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

-Cris

Darn I wish the data base for verizon.net could be fixed here.  :angry5:

Don't let the "running at only 43.7 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)  "

Throw you. First some of us have 3000/768 DSL. Then there are the FIOS folks that really throw the data base for a loop because of their speeds. Unfortunately all verizon.net speed tests get thrown together and it really makes the whole data base lop sided. I've ask here in the past about this and apparently theres no fix.  :angry3:

You are  on Verizons 1500/128 I would assume and you look good to go from here. You could call Verizon billing @ 1-800-567-6789 and ask for billing. Yes, billing handles upgrades ;) and ask for a free upgrade to 1500/384 or even 3000/768 if your close enough. Best of luck.

Darn I wish the data base for verizon.net could be fixed here.  :angry5:

Don't let the "running at only 43.7 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)  "

Throw you. First some of us have 3000/768 DSL. Then there are the FIOS folks that really throw the data base for a loop because of their speeds. Unfortunately all verizon.net speed tests get thrown together and it really makes the whole data base lop sided. I've ask here in the past about this and apparently theres no fix.  :angry3:

You are  on Verizons 1500/128 I would assume and you look good to go from here. You could call Verizon billing @ 1-800-567-6789 and ask for billing. Yes, billing handles upgrades ;) and ask for a free upgrade to 1500/384 or even 3000/768 if your close enough. Best of luck.

allright i might considered that, thanks

Cris, it looks like Mactron is right on the money there.

Verizon offers a wide array of different packages from yours on the lower end (no offense  ;)) to FIOS with light speed connections.  Where it says that you are only running at 43.7% of your ISP average, that is because your speeds are being compared against the average of all tests taken from Verizon subscribers.  Your stats seem to be right on the money for your package though, it's just a little misleading.

I would suggest calling the number provided by Mactron to see if you can squeeze some more juice from the Verizon lemon!

that makes more sense, i appreciate the time and advice