spybot s&d

i reinstalled spybot s&d th other day and after it finished installing it asked me if i wanted something called teatimer or something like that.....now i have a box in my taskbar and everytime something tries to change a registry it asks me if i want it to...does anyone else have this?

between this and zomealrm i don't think that it lets much at all get by. because now i can't even change my homepage without it asking me if i'm sure i want to :haha:

What is the Resident TeaTimer?

The Resident TeaTimer is a new tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future: You can set TeaTimer to:

* be informed, when the process tries to start again

* automatically kill the process

* or generally allow the process to run

There is also an option to delete the file associated with this process.

In addition, TeaTimer detects, when something wants to change some critical registry keys. TeaTimer can protect you against such changes again giving you an option: You can either "Allow" or "Deny" the change.

As TeaTimer is always running in the background, it takes some resources of about 5 MB

You should be able to disable it somewhere in the settings.