Format Windows XP

pitbull481

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another problem

i reformat my dell. everthing is good. problem is now when i restart pc it shows (pick windows you want to use)  :whaa: i deleted the partition. clean everything out. when i insert operation disk back (winxp) now it show:

unpartition  1000mb

partition    winxp (using now)

unpartition  70 somthing gigs

how can i delete the other unpartion (unpartition  1000mb). cause it still has files that i thought i delete?

If you have an option when booting up to select which OS to boot into, after your logged on with the correct OS; right click my computer>properties>advanced tab>click on settings, start up and recovery>under system startup, click on the edit tab (windows notepad opens up) and carefully delete the OS that shows up during boot that is no longer installed on your PC. Then click save as and wala.

TheHalf

• 4 weeks later...

i am having trouble.when i have formatted before i never had trouble. but today (right now) when formating. it cant never pass 77% (files saving to computer). why is it doing this?

now im having another problem. same computer (gateway). it actually finish 100%. now it says it doesnt read the hdd i am trying to put it format to. i checked the pins (master, slave. ect.) i have it set at master. one of my friend says it might be the motherboard battery. to by a battery. i reset the motherboard and still does the same thing.

does anyone knows the problem? :(

now im having another problem. same computer (gateway). it actually finish 100%. now it says it doesnt read the hdd i am trying to put it format to. i checked the pins (master, slave. ect.) i have it set at master. one of my friend says it might be the motherboard battery. to by a battery. i reset the motherboard and still does the same thing.

does anyone knows the problem? :(

Is this the same HD you took out of the Gateway?  If it is, I'd suggest going to Staples and buying a new one and beating the old one to death.:)  You may have carried the problem with you from the Gateway..........