silly sister made a mistake...

bent240LV

my sister has locked her self out of her computer some how. From what she has told me she was trying to make it so nobody could access her computer. But now her computer has locked her out and asks for a password and user name the problem is she does not remmeber and has tried everything possible. How do i get he back into her computer?

Forgot your NT admin password?

Reinstall? Oh no... But not any more...

This is a utility to (re)set the password of any user that has a valid (local) account on your NT system.

You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.

It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a floppydisk or CD. The bootdisk includes stuff to access NTFS and FAT/FAT32 partitions and scripts to glue the whole thing together.

Will detect and offer to unlock locked or disabled out user accounts!

It is also an almost fully functional registry editor!

Try here: Offline NT Password & Recovery Editor

If that doesn't fit your situation, go here and search for something specific: Administrator and User Passwords in Windows XP