New Motherboard, viedo wont load!!!!

Angelove

So this "tech" took the computer out and swapped parts? 

The first thing I would do is take it back and tell the SOB that it isnt booting and that is his problem!  The computer would post just fine when you brought it in and now it will not. so there is something wrong.  There could be tons of stuff.  Some of the newer motherboards dont support the older duron/thunderbird/k6-2 processors.  which it sounds like might be your problem.

If I were you I would tell him that you didnt ask for an upgrade you asked for system maintance!  If he refuses to fix the problem or make it so that your system works.. file a complaint with the BBB and call the credit card company or bank and tell them to stop the payment.. after you tell them what happened.

exclent  we just read this and she says thatys what she wants to do but weve been scramblng to find the recipt, that would be my argument to that the procesor aint compatable, i was hoping theres be a way to tery and manualy fix this  :oops:

is there a way i can view/copy what was on that c drive as means of hooking it up to another pc as a f before we take it to him and raise hell :haha:

Yes.. you should be able to pull the drive, hook it up to another computer.. make sure that the other computer's hard drive is set to master and the pulled drive is set to slave.. boot the computer and then you should be able to look at everything on that drive..

Does it make beeps, if you can at least hear something...

This can happen if you don't install ram properally, which is DIMM.

If the processor fits then usually it works, you must make sure that the ram is fully secure by just simply pressing down on the ram sticks.

Jumper settings are not important anymore, how old is this machine exactly?