Someone help me please!!!

destructionfever

I just installed an update from yahoo I'm. Afterwards I continued my browsing in mozilla. I went to keyword a website which is one of the coolest features of mozilla. And every time I keyword anything...stupid yahoo search pops up and asks me to do an advanced search. I've uninstalled yahoo and mozilla. Reinstalled mozilla. Did spyware scans and all. Nothing left to do. I even went into the folder that contains search engines for mozilla and deleted yahoo search. Please someone tell me how to get this problem fixed once and for all! Thanks all.

I've got three Macs, so my experience with PC issues is very short but...

First I will trace everything related to the Yahoo installation (extension, preferences) it's obvious that something "evil" is still bothering your Mozilla browser. Of course the other path lead us to Mozilla. You did the reinstall, but what about the Mozilla folder? Because the Mozilla folder keeps all the preferences data (called profile). And a question? Do you install the Yahoo update as a Mozilla Extension?

Reeading my own message I say: try "Mozilla" path first.

Ok. It's not an extension. Then a good idea is a full Mozilla reinstall, with a clean profile.

I was asking about the "extension" because you can add stuff from within the Mozilla browser (extensions for different tasks, like checking mail or perform some searches, and much more).

Is there a Yahoo toolbar still lurking somewhere?  Check in View menu under toolbars.

You can also check to see if a plugin was put in under Tools>options>download and click on the plugins button at the bottom right of the window.  (not likely, but can't hurt to look there)

Do you have yahoo selected as your search engine here:  Excerpted from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/search

You can use the Search Box feature with many other search "engines", not just Google:

* If you click the icon at the left side of the Search Box, a list of engines drops down. Click on the one you want and that will become the current engine. Thereafter, whenever you press Enter to start a search, the search will use that engine.

* To add a new engine to your list, click the icon at the left end of the Search Box and select 'Add Engines...' This brings up the Mycroft page from which you can select additional engines.

Edited for wording.... Sounded a bit smart-assed when I read it so I changed my wording... sorry about that....

cak46:

I think if it's not an extension there's no way to look under Tools. But, I don't know, perhaps the Mozilla PC is slightly different from the Mac one.

On the pc version, it allows you to see and disable plugins if you want.  I doubt its there though.  I think it may be the third issue where his engine is selected as Yahoo.  Don't know, though.....

If you look thru your hijackthis log, do you see any entries for yahoo?

Guest helloimtim

I had the same problem with yahoo. What I did was useing a 3rd party uninstaller and took all that garbage from yahoo off. I then ran a reg cleaner through.  There are several you can use for a 30 day free trial. That is how I fixed mine..........