Need info for CableNut Upload cfg. (Intermittent)

MUff1N

Hi MUff!N : I haven't seen you post for a while.One thing you might want to do is if your dial-up ISP doesn't support (V92) features Or you don't have call waiting evn if you do have call waiting but your ISP doesn't support V92.Turn off the V92 features to scale back to V90.I have ME so I don't have the DefaultSendWindow adjustment.If you search dial-up you can find some of my tweaks & see if you can apply them to your modem in XP I think some of them will be approxamately the same.

I use 1500 for my MTU,128480 for my RWIN this scales to 64240 unscaled window, Scaling on (Tcp1323Opts set to 1), &PMTUDiscovery set to 0.You can test at  https://www.speedguide.net/  the tcpip analyzer it should show your unscaled window & your MTU &MSS.I like the larger RWIN it might slow your speed a little but helps large pages load better.Since the internet is geared for broadband.If you can do this test: http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4277.0

It may only work for SBC none has ever done it & posted to let me know if it worked for them or not.

Yea Cholla, it is V92 and my ISP does support it along with MPPC compression.....the only problem I have is on the upload...it drops from 3kbs to 2kbs...I'm going to give Vanburen's suggestions a try...I'm already 10% faster than my Host's average..so I don't want to change any settings that's not nessecary. Also my gaming connection has a good data stream the doesn't drop many packets.. :)

Thanks VanBuren, I'll give that a try and post back to let you know the out come. ;)

you can try lowering the DefaultSendWindow

i suggest you start at 8192 and then add 1024 in steps

so the next value to test is 8192+1024 = 9216

and the next 9216 + 1024 = 10240

good luck

VanBuren :)

Yep  8192  did the trick!!! It's no longer intermittent, and at 10% faster than my Hosts average!!!

So now I'm 10% faster both ways up/dwn Thank you!!! :D

MUff!N If Van Buren's settings fixed the problem I would stick with them.They probably are better for online gaming.I mostly web surf so the other works better fo me.

Still do you have Hyperterminal? The number is toll free.I haven't been able to get someone to try it & tell me if it works for other than a SBC phoneline.If you can would you try & let me know.It won't change your settings.Mostly it will tell you your line condition Especially SNR & each drop in the graph part of the test is supposed to be a load coil on your line.I don't know your distance from the telco if under 9000 feet it doesn't matter much.

Never even heard of Hyperterminal till now..

"Still do you have Hyperterminal? The number is toll free.I haven't been able to get someone to try it & tell me if it works for other than a SBC phoneline."

Uhmm not to sound stupid, but what toll free number are you talking about??? and the other question is ME also has Hyperterminal...so what are you asking me to do exacly? You lost me on this one.. :-|

MUff!N :I will tell you where it is in my OS.Maybe it will be similar in XP.Control Panel Add/Remove ProgramsWindows set up Communications check HyperTerminal.

Then to use it you can access it from StartProgramsAccessoriesCommunicationsHyperTerminal

I posted this link to a topic I made on using the HyperTerminal test it has the toll free number.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4277.0

I was thinking you have XP.I have ME If you have ME then the instructions will definately work.

18662936556 toll free number.

btw you have to be offline to do the test since the Hyperterminal uses the same phone line as your dialup.

And why am I to do this when my connect and speed is already the best it can be???  :?

You're not making yourself clear at all about the whole thing...why should I want to do diagnostics on my system that's working fine? Give me reason for going through this..has to be at least one good one... ;)

MUff!N : You don't have to. Some like to test .I just wanted to know if it would work on another phone company .or if you have SBC if it would work for someone else.Since you have never used Hyperterminal to learn something new.So I guess some of the reason would be for my information.If you decide not to no problem.If you do let me know if it worked & post the results.

Here are the results from a test I went & just took the graph doesn't post very well mostly th frequencies at the bottom don't

Yep  8192  did the trick!!! It's no longer intermittent, and at 10% faster than my Hosts average!!!

So now I'm 10% faster both ways up/dwn Thank you!!! :D

no problem  :)

what kinda uploadspeed and downloadspeed do you get now?

i could only find 3 scores from your IP, fastest at 44 Kbps thats very good

you need to add TCP overhead to that approx 7 to 10%

so the true speed is around 48 Kbps

VanBuren :)

Oh yea...Oops.. :roll: LOL....Believe me VanBuren, I've spent hours upon hours trying to get a decent speed outa the piece of .... ISP I have...The average for my Host is only 38 Kbs...LOL..Yea just try to get your shot dialed in with that!!!  :haha: Thanks again!!!

Cholla, I ran in to a problem using your access number...goes like this.

I connect just fine, then it trys to connect to my Access number, but it can't because it's password protected...LOL...oops..Yea I have Cybertrails.com...it's pretty much a local number in the Extreme southwest, and one of the only Dialup ISP's I can get in the tiny town  of 14,000 up here in the Mountains.. :roll:

Hey, I tried...that's unless you know a work around for it... ;)